038 magnum chain brake handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawBawss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I just got a smoking deal on three saws. I traded a cord of wood for them! One is a husqvarna 445 that needs some carb tuning, but other wise barely used. The next is a stihl ms310, which is in like new condition, and the last one I determined is a stihl 038 magnum. The 038 runs, but the piston is scored and the chain brake handle is missing. The previous owner took a piece of old handle bar and bolted it on the chain brake. It has a full wrap handle on the saw. So after that long winded shpeel, here is the question! Will a chain brake handle part # 1117 792 9105 fit with the full wrap handle? I tried searching it, but did not find any answers. I know that my 064 with full wrap handle took a different chain brake handle than an 064 with a half wrap. Any input would be appreciated!

038 mag is a good saw. I bought a piston kit from wolf creek saw on ebay for like $15 had caber rings and tecomec piston. Mine was straitgassed I think. Would run. Re did it last year and a half. They dont make em like that no more.

Definitely a good saw. I will get it torn down here soon and see if the cylinder is salvageable. It runs good even with the scored piston.

Definitely a good saw. I will get it torn down here soon and see if the cylinder is salvageable. It runs good even with the scored piston.
Look on ebay for parts. Maybe you'll get lucky or one of the parts hoarders on here will see this and sell you a chain brake handle cheap. Good luck

Im guessing on part #s. Got that number off of a listing on ebay. All the part #s on the saw start with 1119 but all the listings for brake handles on ebay start with 1117.

Back