Crash course on M tronic.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got in touch with randy about the oil. He got me squared away.
I’ll try not to pressure wash the new saw, but I’ve done the old ones for years and never had an issue so no need to stop. How do y’all get oil off a saw without soapy pressure water?
3 cords since this one has been washed.
View attachment 771604
Randy, who? How did he square you away? What was his suggestion? :cheers:

Don’t spill the oil, if it happens, clean it right away,
I always carry a few sheets of paper in case I get kidnapped
and they have no paper, or I need to clean oil off the saw.

Though I think your on to something there, just look how well
the oil keeps the dust at bay.

Uh... Stiff bristle brush on something like that, Simple Green or Purple Power & a mild rinse or wipe down if it had that much junk on it at the end of the day. That’s about as far as I ever go. I also usually don’t spill nearly that much oil or ever find my gear that caked with stuff. Carrying a rag or two and just wiping things down when you fuel/oil does a good enough job to refuel.

I’ll hose down the chipper and head of the clearing saw but not chain saws.
I’ve got a plastic bristle dish brush in my kit up.
Brush off the oil and fuel cap areas bfore removing them.
A quick pass over everything keeps the caking down.
A bit of a film of oil on everything always seemed like a better than worse situation with the amount of rain I usual work in.

New rig kinda looks funny with 18” bar and big dawgs. Im gonna run it with the 7 pin rim one tank and then swap to the 8 and let it eat! New bar and RS chain for that maiden voyage.

2AA18097-5120-42C4-ADC5-F4977574FBF8.jpeg

They all look goofy with big dawgs & a short bar. Stock vs stock that saw will eat a 440 with a 24/25/28/32. I can say for sure that rig isn’t for me, but I’m not you and not cutting the wood you cut or working like you do.

Now go out and run the piss out of it. You’re now the proud new owner of one of the best running Stihl saws ever built.

They all look goofy with big dawgs & a short bar. Stock vs stock that saw will eat a 440 with a 24/25. I can say for sure that rig isn’t for me, but I’m not you and not cutting the wood you cut or working like you do.

Now go out and run the piss out of it. You’re now the proud new owner of one of the best running Stihl saws ever built.
I’ll be real impressed if I can’t bog it down with a 8 pin in some 15” mesquite.
It’s honestly a lot cheaper to run a big saw and so much faster. That 361 I’m selling is enough slower in 15” that I’m not even willing to run it vs my modded 440. The modded 440 pulled a 66DL RS chain really good with a 7 pin, 8 pin and its a lot faster in 12” and under but will stall in 15” if you let it eat all it wants.

I’ll be real impressed if I can’t bog it down with a 8 pin in some 15” mesquite.
It’s honestly a lot cheaper to run a big saw and so much faster. That 361 I’m selling is enough slower in 15” that I’m not even willing to run it vs my modded 440. The modded 440 pulled a 66DL RS chain really good with a 7 pin, 8 pin and its a lot faster in 12” and under but will stall in 15” if you let it eat all it wants.

I had a ms361 for a while and loved it. I wish I hadn’t traded it but the deal was too good. I’ve been watching this thread and coincidentally watching your 361 sales thread...honestly never put them together lol. I’m just sitting there watching the worm on the hook. I wish I were closer but I’m down in SE TX.

Hey shipping is cheap within the state. I bet just like $20

And pretty much next day! But I just dropped that on a ms261cm...which is why I’m in this thread. If your 361 was $200 I’d be sending you money right now lol. Maybe up to $300 but I can throw down another $400 right now.

New rig kinda looks funny with 18” bar and big dawgs. Im gonna run it with the 7 pin rim one tank and then swap to the 8 and let it eat! New bar and RS chain for that maiden voyage.

View attachment 772656
Mine wears a 28 full comp. with an 8pin.
Never a hickup. :D
48070598392_724b5bc6a1_b.jpg

I have a 30” I hope I get to use in some monster oaks when I get caught up. The chain I have for its just a stihl RM though.

So I ran the mmws441 for 1 tank of fuel Earlier. I did the reset procedure and gave it hell. That thing is nasty. In about 12 minutes I laid down atleast 1.5 face cords. I had a new RS chain on and ran it like I stole it. I felt like I had just run 2 miles myself but dang it’s fast. I tried to video it but I cut the dang video off as I positioned the phone. I’m impressed. It will stall out in a bar full, but has much higher rpm in the cut than my modded 440. Like a lot!

Latest posts

Back