McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I talked to a good fellow who thinks he's got one in a storage trailer and was wondering if anyone has experience with the gear drive 7-10?
Your right though lots of old timers talk about the g70 when pulp wood and fence post production were high here.

I imagine they would have a huge amount of torque for the relative light weight

Woodslasher - when you have a chance I would like to see some additional photos of the Leer Charger unit, and particularly of the amp gauge. I have an example of the charger myself but it does not have the gauge even though it does have a similar bracket where your gauge is attached.

DSC01419 (640x480).jpg

I have seen the gauge on another unit I saw at the PNW GTG last year.

IMG_1008.JPG

I am guessing your "Super 250" is in fact a 1-43 with the Super 250 full wrap and too cover.

Maint Sup - I have a Super LG6 and a 2-10G. I would have to say the 2-10G is more impressive but I had to change the carburetor on the Super LG6 as it had the Tillotson governed carburetor when I got it and I could never get it adjusted correctly. I may revisit that one day with a different carburetor, or just polish it up a bit and put it on display...

Super LG6
mcculloch-super-lg6-automatic-20-chainsaw-1_332016212017169041[1].jpg

2-10G
DSCN5143.JPG

The G70 has an additional brace that none of the other 10G saws have.

G70.png

Mark

Woodslasher - when you have a chance I would like to see some additional photos of the Leer Charger unit, and particularly of the amp gauge. I have an example of the charger myself but it does not have the gauge even though it does have a similar bracket where your gauge is attached.

View attachment 772870

I have seen the gauge on another unit I saw at the PNW GTG last year.

View attachment 772872

I am guessing your "Super 250" is in fact a 1-43 with the Super 250 full wrap and too cover.

Maint Sup - I have a Super LG6 and a 2-10G. I would have to say the 2-10G is more impressive but I had to change the carburetor on the Super LG6 as it had the Tillotson governed carburetor when I got it and I could never get it adjusted correctly. I may revisit that one day with a different carburetor, or just polish it up a bit and put it on display...

Super LG6
View attachment 772880

2-10G
View attachment 772881

The G70 has an additional brace that none of the other 10G saws have.

View attachment 772883

Mark
Thanks Mark , I'll look for the bracket or holes for it, probably after the new year as I'm on saw probation at the moment.
Just got an 088 stihl from the same guy and he gave me a 10-10s special edition as I was leaving his shop and 3 other saws so I'm going into 2020 with what I wanted.

It's too dark out for me to take pictures of the Lear Charger's gauge tonight, but here's a better picture of the whole saw. I'm going to pick up an 090 and an 075 sometime tomorrow but I'll try to get plenty of pictures of the gauge and it's setup. Unfortunately the alternator part of mine doesn't work as an electric drill won't run when I plug it into the outlet end of the cord.
IMG_4472.jpeg

It's too dark out for me to take pictures of the Lear Charger's gauge tonight, but here's a better picture of the whole saw. I'm going to pick up an 090 and an 075 sometime tomorrow but I'll try to get plenty of pictures of the gauge and it's setup. Unfortunately the alternator part of mine doesn't work as an electric drill won't run when I plug it into the outlet end of the cord.
View attachment 772926

Isn't that charger 12 volts DC? Or 24 volts DC? Ron

View attachment 773081 View attachment 773082
I think the triangle holes look great! Mark's new design chip cover.View attachment 773083
The old one served me and the farmer before me well, but time to retire.
Thanks Mark, my work saw looks great!

Looks like your 700 is in need of a milk line treatment on the handle:)

Those screens are the ticket. Don't throw out the old 1. Find another 1 with a good section and hot glue them together. Works a treat cos once sandwiched in the starter its strong as. As the saw gets a little dirty ya can't even see

Looks like your 700 is in need of a milk line treatment on the handle:)

Those screens are the ticket. Don't throw out the old 1. Find another 1 with a good section and hot glue them together. Works a treat cos once sandwiched in the starter its strong as. As the saw gets a little dirty ya can't even see
I have a box of old mac parts it'll go in. And the handle will get a fix soon? But I've got alot of irons in the fire right now.

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee.
IMG_4773.JPG

Was told we had a big white oak to trim so Brian and I both came loaded for bear with SP125Cs.
IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4781.JPG
But mine didn't survive the ride with a brittle fuel line breaking and dousing the truck bed in mix.

Didn't matter as the tree wasn't as big as we were expecting - the stem was pretty much just an appetizer for Brian's hungry 125. I tried to shoot a video of him and his 125 but by the time I would get everything ready he would be almost done with his cut.
IMG_4774.JPG IMG_4791.JPG

I cut with my trusty PM800.
IMG_4793.JPG

Continued below.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses

Attachments

• IMG_4795.JPG
    IMG_4795.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4796.JPG
    IMG_4796.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 13
I also felled a nice red oak for Brian to buck after lunch. As you can see I am not too good at boring, but given the serious lean and red oak's tendency to barber chair, I bored it. Cut it high due to the fence.
IMG_4795.JPG IMG_4796.JPG

Brian telling his son, Lee, how high the woodpile must be before he can eat lunch.
IMG_4798.JPG

Father and son at work.
IMG_4801.JPG

Wood lot has gotten serious this year with this new splitter. I still think Brian and I can keep up - especially with the all the wood piled already.
IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4806.JPG

Ron

Latest posts

Back