Heated Jacket??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone try climbing with these heated jackets?
Milwaukee, Dewalt, Ororo are a couple brands. Just wondering how they fit under a harness. They are thinner material which would give you great mobility.

I wear a vest under my jacket. Almost always have to take it off by 10am.
Stihl have my arms mobile, but core temp is what matters. Also keep hot-hands for when I've got to use a cold pole-saw. Put them in the palms of my gloves so I don't lose all the heat from my hands while I cut. $.50/day seems fair to me.

I am not an arborist, but I do have the heated Milwaukee jacket, and to be honest, if I was to do it again, I would get the heated hoodie. The problem with the jacket is that if it's really cold out, and you put layers under it, you cant feel the heat. If you just wear a t shirt under it you will feel it, but still be cold. With the hoodie, you could put it under a coat and have the best of both worlds.

I like the jacket, but I have an office job. When working outside I have my Carhart. The heated jacket is also very heavy, especially with the battery pack that sticks out on the back left side. Which I'm sure it would get in your way if wearing a harness at some point.

Just my thoughts.

Back