Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would at least replace the impulse line, fuel line, fuel filter, carburetor diaphragms (or at least the metering diaphragm) and inlet needle and then make sure the carburetor gets adjusted and fine-tuned properly...
The 026 is very nice saw and one of the all-time classics! Congrats!

How old I'd this saw ? She said he bought it probably 15 years ago . I would really like to use the saw but every time I look at it seems really nice to use and beat up.

It's a saw. Run it. You don't have to "beat it up". Just treat it decently and it will look good for a very long time.

It's only a chainsaw. It will never be worth millions. Maybe a few hundred is all.

Dump any old fuel out, fill it up with good mix (don't forget to fill the oil tank) and run it.

You have a nice little saw there, run it like you stole it..just don't beat it up. Take good care of it is all.

I have heard from a few people not to run it. But what is the general consensus. I'm having Mixed feelings on using it. Thanks
Once in a while a saw comes along that you'll regret down the road if you run it. I came across a Poulan 5200 countervibe that guys say is one saw to have just because. I get it out and run it just for GTG'S once or twice a year. My other is a 036 almost as nice as your 026. I guess they are my retirement $ saws. :laugh:
20180416_133341.jpg

Latest posts

Back