Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob you can put one of the old rings back into the cylinder and measure the gap. Use the piston to push it in to make sure it is flat and level.
Yup. I agree but believe the rings are worn and need a reference point. If I use the formula of .004 x bore diameter plus ring pin width, I sshould be okay. Probably will end up at .070 as previously mentioned.

Good morning all. I've posted my Poulan need in the Trading Post, but wanted to follow up here as well. I'm looking for a grey Poulan 395 air filter cover. It's identical to the Poulan 375/4000 covers except in color. I'm putting a P375 together and the saw came with a grey cylinder cover but without the air filter cover. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price, or trade a black cover for it, and shipping. Thanks for reading, and enjoy your weekend. Max.

Looks like. 070 is a good number

Yep, keeper pin diameter plus 0.008”, if you want it butt ended like stock rings.

A even better fit it to set the 008” in the bore, then notch the inside ring halves to clear the keeper pin.

I just made two pairs of P306 rings like that this morning, using Homolite SXLAO rings from Caber.

Works slick!

If anyone has a good Tilly HS-168 for the P4200, I have a good, freshly rebuilt HS-176 (OEM Tilly kit, no China crap) from a P5200 to swap out. Passes 8# leak & check valve tests.

Or will buy the HS-168 outright.

Will pay shipping both ways, if a swap.

The Poulan Pro 395 came with gray air filter cover, cylinder cover, and the handle.

Correct. I've never seen one in person but have on eBay and the 'net. I saw that cover as well but no joy, it was gone. The PP395 is identical to a PP375 and P4000 except in color. There was a Member here who had one that was nearly pristine, but I can't remember his name. He has a nice looking square body dump truck as well. Max.

Correct. I've never seen one in person but have on eBay and the 'net. I saw that cover as well but no joy, it was gone. The PP395 is identical to a PP375 and P4000 except in color. There was a Member here who had one that was nearly pristine, but I can't remember his name. He has a nice looking square body dump truck as well. Max.

I believe I have 2 PP 395's here. Sorry they are complete saws and are runners. Just keep looking you never know when something might show up.

Latest posts

Back