026 how many pulls to start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3AB8356E-C50D-4391-9521-90D088C67944.jpeg
I will send you a whole saw, you can pick parts from it....LOL
All my saws start reasonably well in cold weather, gets down to -20 here some winters, my saws all start and run at those temps. It has been down to -8 here thus far this season but it will get much colder before next June.
Minus 20 your way would feel like minus 10 here because I live in a semi arid climate.
As you can see I’m still on the same landing

When I got my 026, it would take 15 to 20 pulls to get a pop. The choke wasn't closing so I bought an oe air filter, that one wouldn't close all the way either so I asked for a different one and it was better. Now it takes 10 to 12 pulls and it pops. I suppose that''s as good as it gets.

BINGO! I just run across one of these on an MS260 "wide filter" It was hard to start on a 35 degree morning but the give-away is that it continued to run with the choke on!

Looking at several different filter vintages is that the problematic one is a single piece flapper only. The "improved" design has a separate round disc with 3 plastic "fangs" on it to center it in the choke hole... Seals much more better!

The last two I ported/set the squish are one pull runners, if you are quick enough to pop the choke off before it floods itself.

You have to be REAL quick! EPA mandated that these small engines NOT run with the choke engaged. Just think of all the unburned hydrocarbons emitted if it continued to run on choke.

Back