What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I converted my other one to rim and drum .325, this one will get the same. I also picked up a HDC-64 carb for this one instead of the usual HDC-44. I'm wanting to get Tsumara 18" light bars for them.

Been a busy weekend. Moved the remainder of the wood pile into the new wood shed. Then went down to my parents and split a load of wood. Also took took some junk to the dump. Hopefully today I can get the intake done after my Dad and I install a new window in the guest bedroom.

Also I took old faithful (jred 2065) with me to cut a few logs up. The jred has been my porting test mule. It’s had at least four cylinders on it. Also been a good running saw. Picked it up for $120 as a runner! After a couple cuts she started acting like she has a big air leak.

Nice, but really no rush. Life can get in the way and I completely understand. I will remain quiet and just watch. Thanks. :):drinkingcoffee:

Well it didn't take long to break this bench in.
View attachment 771699

You need a second table to lay down parts and stuff you're not working on/with at the moment (relief table?)... if I only had a work table that size I would have parts and stuff laid out all over the floor on newspaper.

That said that's an inviting work surface (as long as it's tidy) - just like it should be.

You need a second table to lay down parts and stuff you're not working on/with at the moment (relief table?)... if I only had a work table that size I would have parts and stuff laid out all over the floor on newspaper.

That said that's an inviting work surface (as long as it's tidy) - just like it should be.

I put saws I tear apart in bags and two boxes. One for small parts and one for large parts like the covers. I use to label the bags but now I can look at a bolt and tell you where it goes on most saws. Bolt size and quantity are pretty good hints. But hey who wouldn't like more work space?

The HDC-44 from a SEZ getting a cleaning and ready for a rebuild. That's a tea strainer I got on Amazon I use for all the small parts, it's great for keeping them where they belong. I use Simple Green Extreme (Yes it's made for aluminum) It's used for cleaning aircraft from gunk and oils and works great when it comes to cleaning carbs. I also use Mean Green sometimes (sold at Lowes, and works great on aluminum), it costs about 1/4 the price of Simple Green Extreme but isn't quite as good, don't get me wrong it will do the same job but takes longer and you have to mix it a bit stronger, and I can get it local.
hdc44.jpg

Any tips on using the ultra sonic? I’m a noob
I was editing while you posted, go back to my post. Also don't over do the temp but let it come up to temp (about 40c max). keep anything off the bottom of the tank, that is why there are hangers on the basket. If you let stuff rest on the bottom of the tank it will shorten the life of the tank because it will crack.

Use distilled water when cleaning. I run a carb for 30 min then turn it over and give it another 10 to 15 min. Then rinse it in hot water from the tap and blow it out with compressed air, after that I use carb cleaner with a quick shot into all passages and the entire surface and reassemble.

Back