MS 441 Carb Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...what I can see so far is the metal retainer ring inside the manifold has to come out. then push both intakes in through and behind the carb mounting box. that should free up the cyl. Are we just topping the saw off or are we splitting the case ? its hard to see in the pic for me. I would really give it a good cleaning as best as possible while the cyl is still on so no debris gets into case when top comes off.
The metal ring at the X? Or Y? Or something else? Both popped right off. Definitely going to clean. Doing a top end rebuild. Hope the bottom is ok. Thanks so much for your input! John. F76F2A2D-C6FD-460F-9A4F-FAD31996FA16.jpeg

The metal ring at the X? Or Y? Or something else? Both popped right off. Definitely going to clean. Doing a top end rebuild. Hope the bottom is ok. Thanks so much for your input! John. View attachment 773232
Yes on the rings removed
Push through with yer fingers and then remove the cyl with the manifold bolted to cyl.
Pics
Pics

Yes on the rings removed
Push through with yer fingers and then remove the cyl with the manifold bolted to cyl.
Pics
Pics
The white plastic shroud seems to have to come off with the cylinder and manifold. It's sandwiched between the 2 pcs.
Are you saying put my fingers in the holes and push to release the manifold?
Sorry for all the questions and Thanks again!

The white plastic shroud seems to have to come off with the cylinder and manifold. It's sandwiched between the 2 pcs.
Are you saying put my fingers in the holes and push to release the manifold?
Sorry for all the questions and Thanks again!
no worries, the "lips" of the manifold surround the edge of the "housing"( white plastic shroud) they are pretty stiff but that housing stays with the tank/handle and the manifold goes with the cyl. Peel the "lips" of the manifold( intake boot) into themselves and push the manifold in to itself until it separated from the housing . the housing is screwed into tank

of course the metal rings and retainers need removal prior.

no worries, the "lips" of the manifold surround the edge of the "housing"( white plastic shroud) they are pretty stiff but that housing stays with the tank/handle and the manifold goes with the cyl. Peel the "lips" of the manifold( intake boot) into themselves and push the manifold in to itself until it separated from the housing . the housing is screwed into tank

of course the metal rings and retainers need removal prior.
Thanks again Angelo! I'll give that a shot tonight if I get out of work at a decent hour. Bought a new Husky 460 rancher with a 24" bar Saturday at Tractor supply. Nice saw but not the power of the Stihl 441.

Thanks again Angelo! I'll give that a shot tonight if I get out of work at a decent hour. Bought a new Husky 460 rancher with a 24" bar Saturday at Tractor supply. Nice saw but not the power of the Stihl 441.
Good saw. Not quite a 441 power or smoothness wise. "24 might be pushing it in hardwood. Keep Chains sharp and an ear open for tune.

Back