Homemade pressed paper/cardboard logs??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anybody tried doing this? I know my time would be better spent cutting wood, but thought maybe the kids would enjoy making them. My main question is ,how do they burn? It would also be interesting to see how much scrap paper and cardboard we generate in a week or month. From the videos on YouTube the 5 gallon pail with holes in it method looks the easiest . It seems like the paper logs would have to sit out in the sun to dry properly though.

Seems to be quite a waste of time to me.

Just think how many pounds of wood you burn in a day. Might be 50? 100? Or 200? Whatever it is, think how much time it would take to gather up that many pounds of paper. Each and every day. Then multiply by say maybe 1.5 to make up for the fillers that are in it that isn't in wood. Then that's not even starting to think about getting it made into whatever form you are aiming for. And dried or whatever so it will burn. And all the handling in between.

Kids might enjoy it a couple of times but when mine were younger it would have bored them quickly. So unless you have alot of kids, 100 or so, not worth the entertainment value

Kids might enjoy it a couple of times but when mine were younger it would have bored them quickly. So unless you have alot of kids, 100 or so, not worth the entertainment value
You are probably right. I can't even get them to crush cans to take in for money. I just take them to the dump recycle bin now.

Back