Looking for opinions on what new saw to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTRKS

Reaction score
Was cutting some trees down today on some land I’m improving and my buddy shows up with a Stihl, bragging about how he’s done all these mods, etc.
I was running a 460 rancher and a Stihl I just bought from a buddy who needed money. My 460 was kicking the modded Stihl my buddy brought out but I’d still like to build a Stihl that will make him insanely jealous. (Yes, I’m that guy)

If you guys were going to buy a Stihl, and mod it out, which model would you buy and how many mods would you do? Not worried about cost, just wanna make my buddy **** and go in the corner to lick his wounds.

thanks in advance for the insight.

I came from 455 Rancher and other home owner saws...that is until I joined this site lol.
If you're looking to stay around 60cc, I'd stick with Husky, get a 562XP it's an all around ass-kickin' saw :rock:
That said, best way to have the fastest cutting saw is to have the sharpest chain.

I'd probably just get a 362 CM and then add this muffler and spike

And one of those fancy E-light bars.
Since your 460 already beat him, and a stock 362CM has roughly 30% more power.

And the Stihl 362 is nearly a pound lighter than a Husky 562.

But you can’t just beat him now...you have to demolish him, shame his offspring, and shame anything he may try to bring to the table later...

That’s the ticket to kick somebody’s teeth in with a “modified” Stihl if a 460 Rancher is beating the Stihl. Not to mention that it’s decked out in west coast trim.

You might want to check out your pal’s chain if a 460 Rancher is beating the guy that bad. Not for your chances of beating the guy, but mostly so he can get some work done and not burn his saw up.

If'n you wanna go 70...it's not a Stihl...but this is one mean saw here...(you'll have to skip to the 27:30 mark before he actually starts it up and starts cuttin). It's super fast. I like my 372

Latest posts

Back