whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be an elevator? Also is that an International...DT 466? New? 4x4? Did you hit the lottery? You have always had nice stuff but...just sayin.

Looks to be an elevator? Also is that an International...DT 466? New? 4x4? Did you hit the lottery? You have always had nice stuff but...just sayin.

Yes, elevator. Was new a couple years ago or so. It’s a 2018. 75’ work height. International 7400, Cummins ISL (wet sleeved) 330hp. 4x4 with Allison 3500. 6.17 gears (lower of the two options for towing). It pretty mean. Tows everything I pull with it.

No lottery, just workie.

And thanks for the compliment on the equipment. I been trying.

How do you like those hybrid posts? Are they less cost than a standard treated?
A 24’ laminated column like above is $13 cheaper than a treated 6x6. We use them because they are Lot straighter and truer than a 6x6. Only thing that sucks is they measure 4 1/4” by 5 1/4 so any window boxes or door jambs etc. you have to rip a 2x6 to 5 1/4

50EEC002-D30E-47F6-82BC-751F8283578E.jpeg
Pulled that oak stick over yesterday with the ram. Ran the rope through a pulley and back to one of those huge rings the rams have on front with a double bowline. I figured backing down a hill a few feet in 4 low with an automatic was pretty failsafe. Worked awesome.

Been a long time since I’ve pulled anything with a truck. Being able to communicate through the headsets makes it an entirely better situation.

That tree was like dust in the middle (kinda creepy). Loading it with the giant was a breeze anyway.

Back to EAB patrol. Needed something to keep warm today. It didn’t work,,not by a long shot.

F’n forgot to clip by chin strap with my liner on and off went the whole deal. Broke the mic on my mint tufftalk lite. Grr. Not the best day, but could be worse, so shouldn’t complain.

New kid is doing good anyway. Been having him drive the ram with the big chipper so far.
296D510F-2658-486C-A69D-E938DEEF08DE.jpeg

Took out four trees, one was an oak split and hung up in a nearby blackgum. Homeowner added on another tree so the day worked out pretty good. Way too cold for this time of year though.
aa9c7595ce708fdfbdfb6a06f8507a69.jpg

Put another relatively short day in on this thing by the time I got a couple more trucks down there (and in the process dodged the coldest of the morning air). We got it by the throat now though. F’n thing.

Fun doing a big tree old school though. Keeps the skills sharp.
View attachment 772848
View attachment 772849
work harder not smarter

Eh.. that job covers my mid month payments. Was actually pretty easy.. even with my caveman equipment. Good experience for the guys too (a little exercise never killed The MDS either). Not saying a crane wouldn’t have been sweet though. Just wasn’t in the cards this time.
When you finish cutting down all the dead ash in your area, think your new equipment will be paid off?

Latest posts

Back