• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 2166 "R" Version

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a 2166 here that has the "R" on the tank for refurbished. I looked it over pretty good and I don't see any evidence that it's been ran before, it does have a few scratches from being handled/shipped.
I can sell the powerhead only for $450 or with a 24" jonsered labeled Oregon replaceable tip bar and chain for $500, both prices are before shipping.
Pictures coming shortly.
Thanks for looking Brett.

Do you have more or those cylinders? They all sailed. Thanks again.
That was it for now unless I decide to do an oe conversion on one, probably won't happen though since I have a stock 2171 and a mmws2171 with heat :).
Then again things can change here pretty quick :yes:.

Nice saws
I never liked the xts but dj on o p e ported
Me a 2166 r
It's a very strong saw now i had a 28" on it in hardwood with a 8 pin.
Usually run
24" i have tons of chains.
Trade you a 8-10 tanks
only 261 stihl.
I bought new.
I have two ported, XT's the 2166 and a 372, they aren't as quick revving as an oe, but they have a ton of torque.
Thanks for the offer, just shipped a 261 vs2 this week; good saws, just prefer the husky for handling. Which vs is it I'll keep my ears open for someone looking.

I have two ported, ones the 2166 and a 372, they aren't as quick revving as an oe, but they have a ton of torque.
Thanks for the offer, just shipped a 261 vs2 this week; good saws, just prefer the husky for handling. Which vs is it I'll keep my ears open for someone looking.
I'm told the newest xpw are the best runner's
They've ever produced
Stronger than oe without porting of course.
They are phasing them out
I'm told
Get one if you need one.

I'm told the newest xpw are the best runner's
They've ever produced
Stronger than oe without porting of course.
They are phasing them out
I'm told
Get one if you need one.
You mean the new xpw cylinders are the best performing?
I have a conversion saw on an XT chassis; xpw P&C, with all the plastics, carb, full wrap(oe style :)), wide cover, that's stock other than some extra timing :sweet:.
Cases and the tank are a bit rough, maybe I should swap them out with another set since everything else is almost new.
Should get it out and run it a bit, been a while.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.02.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.02.21 PM.png
    989.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.02.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 12.02.51 PM.png
    968.1 KB · Views: 41
I have two ported, XT's the 2166 and a 372, they aren't as quick revving as an oe, but they have a ton of torque.

That's how I saw it at first when I replaced my 371 with a 365 x-torq, it just didn't have that super cool, lightning fast throttle response. But it didn't take me long to realize the only race that 371 was going to win was the race back to the gas can. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but dollar for dollar, ounce for ounce I'll keep my x-torq. GLWS Brett, new owner is getting a real nice saw for the money.

That's how I saw it at first when I replaced my 371 with a 365 x-torq, it just didn't have that super cool, lightning fast throttle response. But it didn't take me long to realize the only race that 371 was going to win was the race back to the gas can. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but dollar for dollar, ounce for ounce I'll keep my x-torq. GLWS Brett, new owner is getting a real nice saw for the money.
Exactly, but they sure are fun with a 20" set-up or a 24 on a modded one.
Congrats on the new 550, you'll like that.

Thanks guys.
Does that fancy bar stand come with the saw?
For the most part everything material a price can be negotiated on.
I talked to my wife about the bar stand, I was informed her mother gave it to us(family heirloom now) please take that into account when making any offers on it, even though it most likely was bought at a thrift store or a garage sale :laugh:.

Back