seized ms 039 new project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've cleaned several 290 310 390 cylinders
And reused them.
With meteor pistons caber rings
And new bearings seals etc.
They are still running after several year's.
Make sure you pull the rear bar stud
Then it's not too bad tearing those down.
Keep track of the wiring and intake as you
Take them out through the grommets.

I joined this site with an old 026 and a new 261cm. I now have 2 461s, an 066, a 360 pro, a 441c, a Dolmar 6100, a 460r, another 026 pro...

And I only cut firewood and do some small tree jobs on the side. I could do everything I need to do with the 441c and my 261c. Oh well, such is life.
I don’t have that many saws yet but same thing for me and all do is cut wood for big ass bonfires and I will drop trees for people here and there

Ok got the saw! He just put straight gas in by accident. Shop quoted 900 dollar rebuild haha.

He went to throw it in the skip, but his partner said to put it online for a few dollars. I paid 15 in the end :) All parts look present, but getting that piston out from the cylinder may be a little tricky (cord won’t budge it) Anyway, that’s a rebuild for another day. :) thought i’d Just update you guys!

9D6D3240-8359-4CAC-B889-05A6EFCBA7ED.jpeg

Clean the jug, put a meteor piston kit with caber rings in it and get cutting.

oh, take the muffler off and show us the pics, dont worry that it wont turn over with the cord, you can deal with that once the motor is out of the plastic chassis.
dont try and force it with the cord and damage the recoil assy.

Clean the jug, put a meteor piston kit with caber rings in it and get cutting.

oh, take the muffler off and show us the pics, dont worry that it wont turn over with the cord, you can deal with that once the motor is out of the plastic chassis.
dont try and force it with the cord and damage the recoil assy.
Ok champ in the AM, i’ll Take some pics :) how often would you imagine cylinders are too far gone to reuse in either scored and low compression from a leak or a seized piston ?

Look at the date of the bulletin that I put up on the ms310, it was close to that time.
How do I find bulletins here? I want to know it’s age too, everything feels nice and solid - as in worn or loose plastic to plastic or metal to plastic parts :) so either he didn’t use it much, or he took really good care of it. I’m thinking the former...

Latest posts

Back