Amsoil sabor or sthil ultra for hard working saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On you tube there’s a west coast logger there hotsaws101, he recommends belray for stock saws and motul 800 for modded saws. He’s tested most brands of oil for engine life and carbon build up.

On you tube there’s a west coast logger there hotsaws101, he recommends belray for stock saws and motul 800 for modded saws. He’s tested most brands of oil for engine life and carbon build up.
After dealing with that joker I wouldn't put much faith in what he says, lying pos in my book.[emoji44] It takes a lot for me to say that in an open forum these days.

The oil was updated a little over a year ago.

After dealing with that joker I wouldn't put much faith in what he says, lying pos in my book.[emoji44] It takes a lot for me to say that in an open forum these days.
Interesting, I know he was on here a long time ago but never followed him at the time.

You are a straight shooter in my book, so for you to say that there must have been some really bad stuff!

Which Belray?
H1R doesn't work well in saws in my and many others experience, you have to tune rich to compensate for incomplete combination. Oils like it and 800 provide excellent protection in extrean use like milling, but won't burn well in other saw applications.[emoji111]

Interesting, I know he was on here a long time ago but never followed him at the time.

You are a straight shooter in my book, so for you to say that there must have been some really bad stuff!
He's nuts. But he does seem to be a good faller, and I hear his expensive a hell saws do run pretty good. But again he's nuts lol.[emoji111]

Here's what happens when you run Stihl Ultra.
I've seen this a number of times.
The carbon isn't the worst part. It wouldn't run because low compression, it blew 90 pounds on my gauge. You can see the gap between the ring land and the bottom of the ring... it wore the ring out.
This is a low hour unit.View attachment 761830View attachment 761831

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I bet the operater never cleaned his air filter. Besides all the carbon build up, probably sucked in some fines through the air filter trying to breath.

I wouldn’t use Super Techniplate in a saw because of the castor in it. If you want to use Klotz i’d use the Original Techniplate.
20% i wouldn't think would hurt more then it would help a hard working chainsaw.
I ran motocross bikes 15 or 16 to 1 on castrol 2 cycle in the late 70's. Most the riders i heard where using much leaner ratio synthetic mixes and reringing their bikes in 2 or 3 race intervals. Mine ran strong all year and never had any top end issues . Not enough carbon that i thought much about it other then clean out what is there when i took it apart once a year when i replaced the rings it didn't need replaced.

20% i wouldn't think would hurt more then it would help a hard working chainsaw.
I ran motocross bikes 15 or 16 to 1 on castrol 2 cycle in the late 70's. Most the riders i heard where using much leaner ratio synthetic mixes and reringing their bikes in 2 or 3 race intervals. Mine ran strong all year and never had any top end issues . Not enough carbon that i thought much about it other then clean out what is there when i took it apart once a year when i replaced the rings it didn't need replaced.
Chainsaws are not motocross bikes. Klotz ST causes large amounts of buildup almost immediately in a saw.[emoji111]

Back