Ms362 or husqvarna 61?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawSaintRedemption

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have the option right now to get either the stihl ms362 with 20" bar, or get a husqvarna 61 with the 72cc piston and cylinder kit, 28" and 20" bar. What would be the better bet? For a mid range saw. I just need something bigger than my 445 for up in the tree. Last stalk I took down I was 20ft up with the ms660 and 36" bar... too heavy.

I would say whichever handles the best to you. The 61 is a tried and true design. It is a workhorse of a saw. I don't know much about the 362, that's why I say go with the one that feels better to you especially if you are going to be using it up in a tree.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have access to a ms362. I haven't used it extensively. I had plans to use it this week, but they'll be put on hold till the ground freezes. I dont' need to cut big tractor ruts all over the yard in the mud. The bit of cutting cookies I've done with it shows some pretty good promise. It seems to cut faster than my Husky 365 special. But I haven't videoed it to time it. Saw seems to start easily, and run good. The AV is really nice.

Alright, I'm going to be picking up the ms362 this week. And then couple weeks, I'll be picking up the husqvarna 61 in the weeks to come if the gentleman still has it. From there, I'll decide which one works better for me and sell the latter. This is an amazing site, with great people. I've honestly used this site to get info on probably 40+ saws that I've looked into. But, for some reason the 61 keeps calling me. I mean, the ms362 is set at $400 and the 61 is $450. I don't mind the prices. And the cc difference might be the defining point of what's easier to handle really. Especially cutting big stalk. I look forward to more threads and replies!

I know nothing about the 362. My uncle has a 61. I have ran it some but not much but as stated earlier it is a workhorse of a saw. It’s cut a lot of firewood and is still going.

at 450 that 61 better be almost show room perfect!

It's in pretty decent condition. Comes with the 2 bars, and it's got the bigger top end on it with rebuilt lower end. Only thing is guy had to cut a hole in the cover for the new spark plug. Other than that, she looks mint.

Attachments

• ad_1574210573007.jpg
    ad_1574210573007.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 26
I'd rather have a MS261 up in the tree personally. Both those saws are pretty heavy.

Between those two, I'd take the 362.

I'm picking up the ms362 this Thursday for $300. Needs a carb cleaning but it runs. I just need a bigger saw for stalks. My 445 husky snapped the pulled cord and threw the spring. So, need a saw this weekend. Waiting for the parts takes too long. Can't put a 24" bar on the husky, and I don't like bringing the ms660 up the tree for big stalks. At least if the ms362 takes the spot for mid range up in the tree, the 61 can be the ground saw. Ms660 was mainly used for milling.

I'm picking up the ms362 this Thursday for $300. Needs a carb cleaning but it runs. I just need a bigger saw for stalks. My 445 husky snapped the pulled cord and threw the spring. So, need a saw this weekend. Waiting for the parts takes too long. Can't put a 24" bar on the husky, and I don't like bringing the ms660 up the tree for big stalks. At least if the ms362 takes the spot for mid range up in the tree, the 61 can be the ground saw. Ms660 was mainly used for milling.
Where are you at?

I use my 362 as my mid size climbing saw. Easy to start, quite light, great AV and plenty of grunt with a 20” in any wood.

I know nothing about the Husqvarna

I use my 362 as my mid size climbing saw. Easy to start, quite light, great AV and plenty of grunt with a 20” in any wood.

I know nothing about the Husqvarna

Yeah, that's basically what I'm looking for. But, I'm torn between the 2. I like my husqvarna that's busted now, but I also like the stihl saws. Don't care much for the newer husqvarna saws though.

Latest posts

Back