What model is this McCulloch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-10 I would say. It has the bullfrog carb that parts are hard to find for.

What are the differences between a 1-10 and a 2-10? How do I tell them apart when the breather cover is missing?

There should be some kind of marking on the saw body - older Macs had the numbers punched in at the bottom of the crankcase. Most 10-series saws I have seen have markings in the air filter box - usually a metal tag. I have never encountered a 1-10 or 2-10 over here, though...

There should be some kind of marking on the saw body - older Macs had the numbers punched in at the bottom of the crankcase. Most 10-series saws I have seen have markings in the air filter box - usually a metal tag. I have never encountered a 1-10 or 2-10 over here, though...
What are the favorite chainsaws in Japan?

What are the favorite chainsaws in Japan?
The mainstream brand in the 60ies and 70ies were McCulloch and Homelite, I guess. After that Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, Zenoah, Shindaiwa, Tanaka and most brands still available these days. Dolmar never really managed to penetrate the market deeply, but there were some regional Dolmar strongholds before the Makita takeover.
I prefer older saws - there must be a reason why they survived this long. Most of the saws I use are from the 70ies and 80ies...

Most likely a 2-10, could also be a 3-10 as both had the black tops and bullfrog carburetors. Both of my 1-10 saws have yellow tops and manual oilers only, one has an SDC and the other has a bullfrog. The 3 different 2-10 models I have (2-10, 2-10 Super, 2-10 PS for Powersharp) all have automatic oilers. 3-10 have the automatic oilers as well.

Mark

Most likely a 2-10, could also be a 3-10 as both had the black tops and bullfrog carburetors. Both of my 1-10 saws have yellow tops and manual oilers only, one has an SDC and the other has a bullfrog. The 3 different 2-10 models I have (2-10, 2-10 Super, 2-10 PS for Powersharp) all have automatic oilers. 3-10 have the automatic oilers as well.

Mark

Hey mark did any 1-10s have a auto oiler?

Mark
I just read your thread on the Mac carbs. Thanks for posting that. I have a Mac 840 that fires but does not run.

Mark
How do I figure out which it is?

Back