Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more progress this weekend. I have been storing quite a few parts/project saws at my son Jeff's house in Waterloo but needed to clear some space there so I could put some of the summer items like lawn furniture and tomato cages away for the winter. I don't want to let Mrs. Heimann realize I have plenty of room here for now as she would find a way to fill all the empty space so I insisted I had to move items to/from Jeff's. I made a kind of platform that I could lift with my hoist and was able to bring the saws up 8 to 10 at a time. Much easier than trying to carry them up a ladder one at a time.

20191109_122600.jpg

You may (or may not) recall that I received this extension to the building as a benefit of the vendor sending 5 extra roof trusses and my contractor included a hatch in the ceiling to accommodate the hoist.

20190115_074642.jpg

20190417_111548.jpg

I also finished putting up the shelving that will accommodate my chain inventory convenient to the workbench where the breaker and spinner will be located and where I have already put the assortment of chain parts (presets, tie straps, cutters, drive links, odd bits of chain, etc.)

20191110_163815.jpg

20191107_164527.jpg

Mark

It will be a rather boring task as most of the saws will require a fair amount of cleaning/polishing to get rid of a few years accumulation of dust and grime as they have been setting in an active shop for a few years. Exhaust, welding fumes, sawdust from the woodworking shop, grinding dust, spray paint overspray...lots of elbow grease will be required.

Mark

Mark, that is looking phenomenal! So much attention to detail.
Cant wait to see all of the saws, parts, signage, etc and how you will arrange them.
I'm sure this has been a task, as I believe I understood that you are still working, and travelling some to that effect as I do.
I find it hard to just keep up with the necessary tasks here and have a few minutes with the family. Extraordinary job, and even better having the wife on board. Mine is accepting, but still doesnt understand the depths of CAD.

I will correct the condition pointed out in post 248 once I get a computer and printer in the new office...

First saws went up on the display shelving today...

20191120_160315.jpg

20191120_160253.jpg

20191120_160346.jpg

Not exactly your idea of a classic, vintage saw perhaps but part of the history no doubt. Hopefully I will get some more wiped off and moved over in the coming days.

Mark

Something for everybody...

Road Fixer never came for the lighted Stihl sign so up on the wall it goes, an inside wall above the window so it will only be visible to those who actually come inside. I also put a few more saws up today, just some that were already cleaned up and ready to go. I hope to get serious about getting some saws cleaned up and moved in the next 10 days.

20191122_162529.jpg

20191122_162555.jpg

And to Eric - I bought a printer today. Perhaps I will carry my notebook computer over one of these days and try printing some labels for the small parts storage units.

Mark

Back