Eager beaver carb job" beware, not repair friendly"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihldragon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As long as you put your bolts back in the designated holes abruptly as you teardown, it's not so bad. I wouldn't recommend throwing them in a bowl on this one. The first time I took this design on, I was green and I failed so I'm good to go now. Just handle with extra care because it's asinine as can be. Still a fantastic saw though. Any maintenance on it and you got yourself an entire rebuild.
14e0c4c1c955e0fc7750764e812118e0.jpg

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

As long as you put your bolts back in the designated holes abruptly as you teardown, it's not so bad. I wouldn't recommend throwing them in a bowl on this one. The first time I took this design on, I was green and I failed so I'm good to go now. Just handle with extra care because it's asinine as can be. Still a fantastic saw though. Any maintenance on it and you got yourself an entire rebuild.
14e0c4c1c955e0fc7750764e812118e0.jpg

Fun challenge for the saw mechanic!

Fun challenge for the saw mechanic!

Most importantly, be careful with the throttle linkage and pay very close attention to it's placement so you can put it back on correctly!

Sorry for posting on an old thread but i just tore apart and put back together a couple mini macs that appear to have very similar guts. I could provide some guidance on reassembly of the carb / coil if you need it.

I appreciate any response I get new or old so I thank you. That was a tough saw for me to grasp but I think I finally got it. The first time I tried to rebuild one, it was a fail. I never got spark. I could've just ordered a new one instead of giving up and parting it out. What could've been wrong with it?

i have an engine assembly from a mini mac 35 with no spark. Its a point ignition, not sure if the Eager Beaver is solid state?

I gave up on it, i think it's either a bad coil or condenser. On a Mini Mac, the coil armature is insulated from the engine with plastic tubes on the screws, a plastic intake manifold, and insulating washers on the screws.

Working on these I like my huskys more and more. I put a new fuel line in my little eager beaver and it ran good again. But the ethanol gas took care of the fuel line, it’s leaking again. It’s sitting there. I figure it’s a good starter saw for the grandson.

Back