Bar Tender Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great tool. Looks like it has a twister as well as a straightener which would be mandatory. I would want an adjustable piston stop so as to go only a certain amount through the vertical plane. As good as it looks, I bet it still requires a great deal of operator experience to get a bar really right. Then you've got to get the rail width even and the gauge uniform. Still, looks like a great asset for a large shop.

Great tool. Looks like it has a twister as well as a straightener which would be mandatory. I would want an adjustable piston stop so as to go only a certain amount through the vertical plane. As good as it looks, I bet it still requires a great deal of operator experience to get a bar really right. Then you've got to get the rail width even and the gauge uniform. Still, looks like a great asset for a large shop.
I actually called the guy today, he's from Mirimichi New Brunswick Canada, bends a lot of harvester bars, chainsaw bars he charges 20$, laminated can be tricky because the lamination could come apart, steel works better. The machine sells for 4995$ (canadian$)or something like that. For rail width e uses a type of chisle, said you could take a normal chisle and grind it to get the job done. IDNO when you got a 28 inch bar that's worth 200$ you might feel inclined to give it a try. I could spend days trying to bend my bar back and never get it, send it to one of these guys and he's done in twenty minutes, if it breaks it breaks, was already unusable to begin with

I wish somebody local had something like this. I ruined a 28" bar last week Im afraid. Im going to attempt to straighten it but I already ordered a tsumura lightweight to replace it. I usually try to straighten mine on a good flat stump with a sledge hammer. If I cant get it back it normally gets tossed over the hill. I also ruined the tip on this one but its replaceable.

It’s probably not much help now but I purchased a manual bar straightener years ago from Baileys. I think it was made in Idaho. It was a cast iron piece with a slot and a jacking screw. It came with adapters for bar tip rivet removal. I still use it.

The problem with the vise is you can’t hold the bar in 2 places and apply pressure in between. You also can’t go beyond center at the bend allowing the steel to relax back afterwards.

Latest posts

Back