Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy B-day Dahmer and many more.

Deer season opened yesterday for 3- days . Saw a few at a good distance , to far to shoot in the dense woods.
Nothing this morning. In for lunch now buddy stayed out just in case they move. I will eat and put on some dry socks and be back in stand by 1 .
There is more standing water in the woods here than I have seen in my life of hunting {50 years}
Good luck everyone.

10 Rounds. I bought my dad 3 for his handgun so he could “retire” the other ones he had....

Well thats a relief...... 10 rounds......i feel much better........ yup, 10 rounds is a much better number.

Much safer [emoji849]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Well thats a relief...... 10 rounds......i feel much better........ yup, 10 rounds is a much better number.

Much safer [emoji849]

I daily a 1911 or XD subcompact neither holds more then 9 in the mag. I feel for the folks that cant run standard capacity mags but at the same time I've never felt under gunned with either of my setups. Training is FAR more important then mag capacity.

?? brushing up on how to hang onto a slippery slope while star gazing hey!! or watching for the gift giver with all the venison in the lead? lol
I didn't like it but I noticed the stove not drafting great. Between all the slow burns, trash ECT and rain washing the elbow going into the chimney and bottom of the chimney were really restricted.

Neighbor boy (13) got a 13pt buck wed before last wed and a spike he didn't realize he hit. Wild shot aside a 13 yr old getting a 13pt bucks gonna be the memory of a lifetime!

Much safer [emoji849]

I daily a 1911 or XD subcompact neither holds more then 9 in the mag. I feel for the folks that cant run standard capacity mags but at the same time I've never felt under gunned with either of my setups. Training is FAR more important then mag capacity.
I’m completely against any type of restrictions on magazine capacity. With that being said I only own one semi auto pistol and the nearest thing I have to an assault rifle is a M1 Garand.

If I have a pistol with me, 99 percent of the time I have a Ruger Security Six in .357. I shoot much more accurately with a roller gun and it packs a lot of punch compared to most auto cartridges.

I can’t imagine getting myself into a situation where more than 6 rounds would be needed but I suppose there’s a first time for everything.

If you end up needing to fire upon a human assailant I can guarantee one shot (even a miss) will provide for a major attitude adjustment and they will only be concerned with escaping after round number one comes out. And if you empty your gun into something mean and hairy that is charging you and that didn’t stop it, chances are you won’t have time for a second magazine before its eating you. Lol.

Happy Bidet Dahmer !!!

James , I'd just pitch that chain Lol
I'll just file it round again. Ever since I started using the husky guides that's what my round looks like. Cuts real good looks like trash. The one that looks trashed is my sad first attempt at a square cutter.

Spent the day with my Opa (grandfather) helping him cut a big pile of logs that were cleared off my uncle's property. He works hard for an 83-year-old guy, but is starting to need a hand here and there. Doesn't have anything more powerful than an MS 180 either, so the MS 261 and MS 461 helped.

Perfect autumn day here in Ontario, after we thought we were going to be covered in snow until April. Roughly 5 degrees C, sunny with clouds. Opa taught me how to operate his old 4-ton Komatsu excavator, funnest thing I've done in a while.

622A447F-ECE6-4C0D-A4EF-5FA1615C13D6.jpg
IMG_1487.jpg IMG_1488.jpg

Latest posts

Back