Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang pennsyltuckey hillbillies. :surprised3::buttkick:
I'm wearing a hoodshirt wth holes in so I don't wear out my good one. Hi Duane.
I laugh at you guys but find myself doing the same type of things. Tighter than 2 coats of paint I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I laugh at you guys but find myself doing the same type of things. Tighter than 2 coats of paint I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Funny, as I was reading this the Mrs. walked into the room after emptying the garbage and said " I can't believe you threw out a pair of underwear".

well, running it and starting it... two dif things, imo! :yes:

great saw, and u got a fine example. super deal, no doubt!

I like my 026 a lot. bot new in 1997. usual cleaning and maint over the years. lives in its own case.

lots of good info advice here. but... if it was my saw... fresh fuel. 50:1. stihl oil. I would start it up. see if it performs to spec. letting it warm up, heat soak before I buzz'd it.

in all the years... mine - all components have faired well. very well. then one morning... would not go off idle! :cry:

put in a new fuel pump diaphragm... and it then return to its mean ol ornry self! :D

I mite ck the air cleaner, too but...

if it starts easily enuff, warms up and idles nicely and has crisp off idle throttle response... bar oils... etc. as I would leave it alone.

I mean... after all... barely any paint off the bar!

:numberone:

Once in a while a saw comes along that you'll regret down the road if you run it. I came across a Poulan 5200 countervibe that guys say is one saw to have just because. I get it out and run it just for GTG'S once or twice a year.

If I'm ever over your way I'll have to convince you to let me put my grubby paws on that 5200. :)

Run it, I've got 2, 026's one i've had for a very long time, the other i bought used, but, not abused, i use them both. For a long time, the 026 was my main wood cutting saw, then along came the 044. I still use the 026 a lot, its just that good of a saw. I wipe it down, clean it up, blow it off with the air hose, and just take good care of it. Guessing it'll outlast me.

How old I'd this saw ? She said he bought it probably 15 years ago . I would really like to use the saw but every time I look at it seems really nice to use and beat up.
The 026 (previously 024 AV Super) was produced from 1988 until 2001, and I believe the version featuring the red combination lever was sold somewhere in the very early 90ies (91 or 92)... by definition, yours is sort of vintage already - and in very nice original condition.

Back