572XP Just arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJM268

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Okay so my 572XP arrived and I made a few cuts, then seen this in the bottom of the box? What is it? Was under the saw manual
fd859dea6f16337373e012708b2eabe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Just looked, both my 372 and 390 have it installed. Should I install it on the 572? Why is it not factory installed?

Ok thanks. Just looked, both my 372 and 390 have it installed. Should I install it on the 572? Why is it not factory installed?

I installed mine. Dealer tech said same thing, why is in not on?

Does it come with an outer spike? I did not get one. So is it one spike- standard aluminum catch. Daul spike- roller catch?

Just got a bunch of 540xps that didn’t have the dawgs attached, no clue why they wouldn’t install them and unfortunately they got thrown out with the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So install the roller or leave the stationary one?

Just got a bunch of 540xps that didn’t have the dawgs attached, no clue why they wouldn’t install them and unfortunately they got thrown out with the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Friend owning tree service has no use for spikes. If chain is not sharp enough, why use the saw. Neighbor is same way, says they are just a drag on cutting, if you need them your chain must be dull. They will agree, will help in felling, but that's only a couple cuts and it's on the ground. Outer stock spike on 572 is cheap, but should come on saw.

Friend owning tree service has no use for spikes. If chain is not sharp enough, why use the saw. Neighbor is same way, says they are just a drag on cutting, if you need them your chain must be dull. They will agree, will help in felling, but that's only a couple cuts and it's on the ground. Outer stock spike on 572 is cheap, but should come on saw.
Also depends on what you're cutting and the size. The spikes also protect the saws case. The tree service operators around here are mostly cutting small yard tress, most of the work is done with a top handle. Most don't have any real idea how to properly fell, ask them about plastic felling wedges and you'll likely get a funny look.[emoji111]

I put the roller catch on tonight and removed the aluminium one. Is there anything thing else that should be done to this saw out of the box? Grease anything?

Back