Tuned carb on cs 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start super rich, go a turn out (rich). Should sound like crap thru the cut and never clear up. Slowly lean it out a 1/4T at a time, repeat the cut. When it starts to bounce from a clean 2-stroke to burble, back and forth, in the cut your getting close.

Bsnelling and bobe8888, hope I didn't misspell, have great videos. Bobe8888 has one with a 590....

Thank you I like the 590 it runs better then a lot of folks on AS will admit. I'm just a fire wood hack that needed something bigger then my FIL ms250. When you get bored of the stock saw open the deflector on the muff and retune it makes a noticeable performance gain and takes 5 minutes to do.View attachment 538244

Then there is the base gasket delete and an easy air filter mod;)

Hey, I just got my 590, and was trying to tune the carb.non the h and l, they only turn about.5 turn. What I am turning is the orange plastic caps, not sure if I need to take them off or what, but help would be much appreciated.
Also, will removing the deflector in the muffler void the 5 year warranty?
Thanks in advance!

Hey, I just got my 590, and was trying to tune the carb.non the h and l, they only turn about.5 turn. What I am turning is the orange plastic caps, not sure if I need to take them off or what, but help would be much appreciated.
Also, will removing the deflector in the muffler void the 5 year warranty?
Thanks in advance!

I didn't take the carb off mine to pull the limiters. You dont have to to get them out.

I remove the limiters on every new saw and richen up for initial break-in "Echo".......usually end up loosing them or dog eats them off garage floor, really.

Never lost tune for lack of limiters.

Oh, dog eats all valve stem caps when airing up tires also.

I'm one of the guys that say it's harder to get on the screws without the caps, I grind the tabs off on a bench grinder and put them back on. Steve
I agree its easier with the caps back on. My 590 is that way. Tabs ground and replaced. When the plate came out with the limiter on the 490 I just decided to run it that way.

Back