CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slwburn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I cut about 40 cord of hardwood a year, trees averaging 18" in diameter. I have been using a Rancher 455 for this and sometimes feel like it's not quite the right saw for the task.

I've recently been looking at an Echo CS 590 as a possible replacement, I have been looking at a 372XP as well but Husqvarna is becoming hard to get around here and the Echo being half the price and easy to find seemed like the better choice.

Any thoughts? Is the CS 590 that much different that the Rancher? Is there something else I should be considering?

Average 18"?

you should have 60cc at a minimum, imo. The 372 would be perfect.

the Echo is a very decent saw and is hard to resist for the money. I would shop around, as the price has gone up on them in Canada, but some still exist for less.

obviously your 455 will be handily to severely out performed by either one.

PS, the Echo is a better-constructed saw than the Rancher series of Huskies.

The 590 is hands down a preferred saw over the 455 for performance, especially with simple muff mod.
Not knocking the Husqvarna, had 2 455's and held up well and still has better air filtration than any make. Imo

For the money ? 590.

Back