Solo 667

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheif_87

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am having an issue with my solo 667 I just got it running the other day, I took the top cover off and bypassed the primer bulb and put the fuel line straight to the carburetor started up the saw tuned in no problem saw runs great,

so I put it all back together rehooked the primer bulb up and it doesn't like to start! after about 20 pulls with the trigger locked it runs but very sluggish if I push the primer at this stage it revs up normally then back to sluggish as soon as I take trigger lock off it dies?

Any help is very much appreciated

Regards Sean

Thanks for the reply Ozhoo but I just fixed it, the tuning with the fuel line directly to the carburetor although fine seems it was way to rich when the primer bulb was added leaned the L screw it started no problem let it warm up retuned it, running strong thanks for your help tho

Which carb do you have. Mine has a bing 48 and I can’t get it to rich up enough and won’t hold an idle. Always too lean. I gotta get a new carb.

Which carb do you have. Mine has a bing 48 and I can’t get it to rich up enough and won’t hold an idle. Always too lean. I gotta get a new carb.

I have three, 2 are Bing the I was just working on is a walbro to be honest I prefer the Bing's seems they have a wider adjustment range the the walbro I just got running, have you tried to rebuild ur carby see if it makes a difference?

Regards Sean

I did rebuild the carb... once with a Chinese kit, and once with a oem kit. I soaked it in a ultra sonic cleaner and sprayed all the passages I could. Granted this was early on in my saw education and just chalked it up to bad carb. Keep in mind I replaced the piston twice cause it was too lean. And fixed a stripped out spark plug hole. It’s on the projects to be fixed shelf.

Not sure mate never heard of a carb that won't richen up but then again I'm not the mechanic in the family my father was, new walbro carbys arnt cheap hopefully you can cheap parts saw and take the carby from that, I am always looking if I come across one I will keep you in mind and let you know

Regards Sean

Back