How to make a vented gas cap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Seal-All?
http://eclecticproducts.com/seal-all.html
You can get it at Advance Auto, Amazon and various stores.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just tried Seal All to mount a couple duckbills in the gas cap. Thanks for that. I think the Seal All held but the duckbills started leaking after a couple of tanks of gas. Maybe I should not mount the duckbills directly in the cap as someone else suggested installing a pen housing to extend outward to remotely mount the duckbill. Thios think is kicking my butt and I have quite a collection of ruined gas caps.

If its running part of the way through a tank of fuel I'd say check some other things, my experience with tank vent issues happens pretty fast,and if you're leaving the cap open for more than a second or two before it'll start back something else is going on in my opinion
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No, it's definitely a venting issue. Installed a couple duckbills in the gas cap and it made it through a couple tanks of gas without issue.......then the vents leaked gas so atleast the issue was defined.

No, it's definitely a venting issue. Installed a couple duckbills in the gas cap and it made it through a couple tanks of gas without issue.......then the vents leaked gas so atleast the issue was defined.
Ok

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have read an old thread about a vented gas cap for a 346XP, part number 503 82 80-04. Does anyone know if it or another vented cap might fit the 335XPT?

Fixed a few fuel vents with this stuff

Have some on the shelf. So many sealants and gasket makers are oil and gas "resistant" but not intended to be constantly wetted. Always been a point of contention with me. I've tried everything on motorcycle petcocks and there seems to be no such thing as fuel "proof".

Please elaborate on "fixed".

What about using JB Weld? Anyone ever use that on plastic in a gasoline wetted application?

Have some on the shelf. So many sealants and gasket makers are oil and gas "resistant" but not intended to be constantly wetted. Always been a point of contention with me. I've tried everything on motorcycle petcocks and there seems to be no such thing as fuel "proof".

Please elaborate on "fixed".
Used it on a fuel vent on a chainsaw . When putting in the fuel vent I put a very small amount of 1194 around the outside some what like a gasket . So far fixed 2 this way. Long term I don't know

Latest posts

Back