Stihl running problem and fix!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have a MS 192 rear handle that I bought new. Love the little thing for trimming and limb work up but it's been acting up on me for about a year now. Seemed like less power and had to run on partial choke at times. Clean the carb and filters. Checked the spark arrestor and everything was fine. Ran okay for about a tank and then would return to the same thing. I noticed that the boot between carb and engine case was slightly off at the port hole. When I'd assemble back I always tweaked it back as it was about 1/2 shut at times. Finally had enough and it was the only thing I could see that might be causing it as I had great compression too. Installed it today and that was the issue. Runs like new again with no choking and idles fine. Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone who may be having issues.

I always used non alcohol gas and take care of my stuff but it looks like a rubber issue. I did by another Stihl instead of a Stens so I'll see if this one does it too over time. For future reference, is Stens boots okay?

Latest posts

Back