Stihl MS170 Adjustable Walbro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Gauge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What's the adjustable Walbro clone model that fits the MS170?

I already bought a cheap non-adjustable OEM-style clone and it's still bogging down on the high end. Idles like a champ though.

Figured my "magic mix" loosened up some crud which clogged a jet in the original carb, but the new carb is doing the same thing out of the box.

Alternatively is there a trick to fixing the lean high end?

Hmm, I gotta go back and double check what I put on the saw now... I thought it was non adjustable but maybe I lucked out and won't have to spend another $8... I'm already into this thing for $30...
Yes the stock one is non but there are other versions that work with the 170 that are

I have seen it, but the picture they use is wrong. There is no original carburetor for the MS 180 from the factory that is fully adjustable. All carburetors which are used as OEM for the MS 180 are fixed jet carburetors.

I have seen it, but the picture they use is wrong. There is no original carburetor for the MS 180 from the factory that is fully adjustable. All carburetors which are used as OEM for the MS 180 are fixed jet carburetors.
It’s not original..... it’s aftermarket

Back