CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, that’d be sweet!

So far I’m liking the CS 620, the $370 price hike over the 590 seems like a lot but the handle, clutch, and power differences seem worth it. I’ll have to start trolling eBay and pawn shops for a 590 after reading about some of your adventures BGE541!

If you are serious about a 620 lemme know I can work on the price of a 620Por PW PHO to make it a no brainer...

I see used 590's all the time for around 180-200. Cheap enough if you need one.
But if you have one of the Echo 15% off sales coming up, the $140 difference would be worth it to me to get a brand new saw with new bar, chain, sprocket, everything new.

Echo has priced themselves right out of the pro 60cc market in western Canada.

The 590 is competitive against farm saw pricing.

The 620 is not enough dollars below Husky and Stihl for anyone to take it seriously.

PS, the vast majority of professionals DO run nothing but stock saws.
The Echo 590 is $1100 here....no surprise I've never seen anyone own one, never seen one for sale used etc. But they do come factory fitted with Sugi bars. The 590 is ONLY owned by many members in the US for ONE reason...PRICE. I'd just buy a new one with new bar, sprockets etc. There so cheap in the states its not worth it buying one used. The 590TW cheap msrp is a way of echo getting a good saw in the hands of many, its marketing that will help them sell other models off the back of the 590 that have some profit in them.

Ya, that’d be sweet!

So far I’m liking the CS 620, the $370 price hike over the 590 seems like a lot but the handle, clutch, and power differences seem worth it. I’ll have to start trolling eBay and pawn shops for a 590 after reading about some of your adventures BGE541!
Parts sheet I just looked at shows same part number for 590 and 620 clutch.

Around Black Friday Home Depot Canada had the 620 on sale so I picked one up... I haven’t been out to use it yet, unfortunately. I was away then the weather here has been terrible for getting out to the woods.

So far, aside from the things I listed above that I like, the factory Echo bars seem to be a cut above the Husqvarna Rancher factory bar. I like the see though fuel tank, it’s a little thing but handy. It also doesn’t seem to leak bar oil all over like my Rancher. The 620 feels balanced with a 20” bar. The mag case is pretty sweet, and I like the larger bar nuts over the Rancher, though they could be captured.

Looking forward to some decent weather so I can get out to the woods and let it eat! It’s been really hard not to walk around the yard and cut stuff for the sake of cutting it.

Latest posts

Back