Husqvarna 130-First Look

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad.

The 130 and 135 are different saws....the 130 and the 135 Mk 2 appear to be identical except for the side chain tensioner on the 135-2 as well as a $50 price difference.

the 135 is a totally different saw.

Go figure...
In the 2019.4 IPLs the 135 II also has an assist spring starter but that's as many other differences as I can see.

In the 2019.4 IPLs the 135 II also has an assist spring starter but that's as many other differences as I can see.
Gotcha.

Just seems like a lot of duplication to have all the different 40 CC models....doesn't make a lot of sense being the only ones I see stocked are the 120 and 440.

The 135 (version 1) appears to be a stripped down version of the 440

The 120/240 are hopefully on their way out. A lot of dealers won't stock these because of their problematic design.

The 130/135 mk 2 are internally identical and appear to be well designed saws.

Patiently waiting for a video!
Looks like a great saw for $200 or less. 10.36lbs PHO weight.

Are the cases plastic? Looks like the cases split horizontally, instead of a clamshell around the crank bearings?
Metal clutch cover, and 2 bar nuts?
What brand carb, Zama?

Patiently waiting for a video!
Looks like a great saw for $200 or less. 10.36lbs PHO weight.

Are the cases plastic? Looks like the cases split horizontally, instead of a clamshell around the crank bearings?
Metal clutch cover, and 2 bar nuts?
What brand carb, Zama?
Correct, metal clutch with 2 bar nuts. I’ll have to check that other questions and get back you you.

Are the cases plastic?
Yes. The case is plastic.
Looks like the cases split horizontally, instead of a clamshell around the crank bearings?
There is no split. The vertical join-line at the front of the oil tank is where the 2 parts of the one-piece case were welded together
What brand carb, Zama?
Don't know. Carb components are not listed in the IPL which makes it hard to tell. Could it be a Ruixing?

I’ve literally only ran it twice. Between deer season and bad weather it hasn’t been a good month to cut wood. Hoping to cut a pickup truck or two worth this weekend.

Well what's your thoughts on this saw so far? Any other saw you could compare it to? @svk
Bob, have you sold many of these? What are your thoughts on this little saw? @spike60
I have been thinking of picking one up.

Only sold about a dozen so far. We're more of a pro than homeowner shop. None have come back with any problems or need for adjustments. It's a good $199 saw; which is what it's supposed to be. Power is on target for 38cc. Easy to start. Light and handles well.

My own testing has been in small wood up to 8" Had a couple of small jobs for it and it was fine in that regard. Haven't poked it into 12" wood yet to see what it does, but it's obviously not designed to be a big firewood producer, and my expectations are that I'd be wanting to pick up a larger saw. When I get a chance to try it on some larger wood, I'll jump back in here and fill you guys in.

Addressing some other comments in this thread:

The t-wrench is for resetting the chain brake. It is AMAZING how many people pull the side covers off with the brake engaged and can't get them back on. We see this a couple times a week.

The clutch cover itself is metal and not plastic as on the 240. That will prevent folks from driving the adjuster through the cover as was fairly common with the 240's.

The box is not a "shipping" box, it is a "display" box....naturally for "box stores" :) There's no wasted space when stacked together on a pallet. But as you can see, shipping a single unit would be a dumb idea.

As I said in the earlier post, we have only sold a dozen of them. But we wouldn't even stock the 240 because it was garbage. But now we actually have a $199 saw that we aren't afraid to sell.

I've been promising Steve I'd see what a muffler mod does for this saw. The retail on this muffler is only $12, so there's little risk of an expensive mistake.

Only sold about a dozen so far. We're more of a pro than homeowner shop. None have come back with any problems or need for adjustments. It's a good $199 saw; which is what it's supposed to be. Power is on target for 38cc. Easy to start. Light and handles well.

My own testing has been in small wood up to 8" Had a couple of small jobs for it and it was fine in that regard. Haven't poked it into 12" wood yet to see what it does, but it's obviously not designed to be a big firewood producer, and my expectations are that I'd be wanting to pick up a larger saw. When I get a chance to try it on some larger wood, I'll jump back in here and fill you guys in.
Thanks Bob for the feed back on the saw!
Does the 130 have a clutch or engine driven oil pump?
Have you tried out the new 135 Mark II?

Cool thread Steve!!!
I've not had the chance to see into a 130, but I'll get a waranty saw from my dealer before or later.
435/440, and I wonder if 135 is build on the same plattform, as homeowner saws they are really good.
Weaker bearing vs 445/450 bearing but I fancy the shorter 435 powerhead. Not sure if those bearing could hold if Husky had put a 45cc top end on.

Cool thread Steve!!!
I've not had the chance to see into a 130, but I'll get a waranty saw from my dealer before or later.
435/440, and I wonder if 135 is build on the same plattform, as homeowner saws they are really good.
Weaker bearing vs 445/450 bearing but I fancy the shorter 435 powerhead. Not sure if those bearing could hold if Husky had put a 45cc top end on.
The 135 mk 2 and the 130 are basically the same saw except the 135mk2 has the hand adjustable chain tensioner versus two bolts on the 130. They are a completely differnt saw family than the 435-440.

The 135 mk 2 and the 130 are basically the same saw except the 135mk2 has the hand adjustable chain tensioner versus two bolts on the 130. They are a completely differnt saw family than the 435-440.
I think I got a scored 135 Steve, I'll see if I get the time to split her one of those days.
And maybe study 130/135/435/440 IPL's

The Poulan-made Huskys were Husky--designed, i.e. they were designed in consideration of all available techniques AND for manufacture in the Arkansas plant.
The 130/135 is similarly designed considering input from all Husky divisions, specifically for manufacture in their Jenn Feng plant.

Did I just read that this Husqvarna saw is made in China????

Back