Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Took the Grandsons to see Ford/Ferrari today. Good flick, but they leave a lot out. On NETFLIX, they have some more detailed (and accurate) stories about Shelby and the Ford/Ferrari saga.

I found it interesting they focused so much on keeping the RPMs (of the 427/7 Liter) within 7,000 RPM, I used to shift all my FE big blocks at 6,800 RPM. (I had 390s, a 428 and 427).

Remember, there was no synthetic oil back then, a 24 hour race was a huge endurance feat.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Took the Grandsons to see Ford/Ferrari today. Good flick, but they leave a lot out. On NETFLIX, they have some more detailed (and accurate) stories about Shelby and the Ford/Ferrari saga.

I found it interesting they focused so much on keeping the RPMs (of the 427/7 Liter) within 7,000 RPM, I used to shift all my FE big blocks at 6,800 RPM. (I had 390s, a 428 and 427).

Remember, there was no synthetic oil back then, a 24 hour race was a huge endurance feat.
That was a LONG time ago Mike. :laugh: Most of these young guys can't remember that.:eek:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I am cooking a 25 lb tom I processed 2 days ago. Got the birds in August so they are not too big. One year I had a 34 lb tom that almost did not fit in the oven.
Ran the splitter yesterday with some Star tron and Sea foam to winterize it. Couldn't remember if the gas in it was treated or not. I'm sure it was but why chance it.

Also weird being jonsered supposedly folded

Is this like Craftsman tools? Using the name we know to sell us on it?

'Jonsered' brand name has been use continuously but in different markets. ****I assume that this is essentially a Husqvarna cordless chainsaw at a very attractive price for anyone interested in trying one out. **** If I did not already own a battery chainsaw, I would be very interested.

****EDIT: I thought this was a Husqvarna in a different color, but someone pointed out that it is 58 Volts not 36 Volts. Lookis like a new line?
https://www.jonsered.com/us/products/chainsaws/cs16i/967701001/

Happy Thanksgiving!

Philbert

Saw some black locust on the side of the road at state land on the way to thanksgiving gathering. Broke away for a bit with the wifes new ranger to test out the payload. I love this little truck!!

Attachments

• E6DA5F4E-E4C0-4D78-933C-298CB9DAE222.jpeg
    E6DA5F4E-E4C0-4D78-933C-298CB9DAE222.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 24
View attachment 776409 Happy Thanksgiving all!

I’ve been gone a bit, life gets busy at times.
Currently at the in-laws in Lower Slower Delaware. Whats causing these holes in their Bradford Pear trees? Holes look like they were drilled by a hand drill. Are the trees toast?
Sap sucker.

Sometimes it will kill the tree, others are riddled with holes and maintain good health.

Latest posts

Back