You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no legitimate use for a chainsaw but I have well over one hundred runners !!! In the garage.

Keeps the geezer from hanging out in the neighborhood tavern.

[emoji108]
The only reason I don't have that many is I don't have that much money.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You have a motorcycle in the garage that needs fixing but 3saws in front of it that need fixing.

Literally done that for the last 2 years... I blame it on needing saws for ongoing yard work where as the motorcycle is purely a toy and it's harder to find time for it. Now, I'm probably going to sell it once I finally get it finished soon.

Finding saws like this for $80 is worth the wait and putting less that $40 for a perfect runner. Still has the Poulan chipper chain on it that looks almost unused.
f7e008f8baf3cd2248045bf870edc6ba.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Finding saws like this for $80 is worth the wait and putting less that $40 for a perfect runner. Still has the Poulan chipper chain on it that looks almost unused.
f7e008f8baf3cd2248045bf870edc6ba.jpg

Steve Sidwell
Beauty!
Here I went over 420 mile round trip for an 18 month old 661. Run pretty steady by the loggers in Illinois. 20190809_171656.jpg
Looks nicer than it runs, which is okay, it is supplying the crankcase for a 660 crank stroker. $550

A guy on a Facebook group I'm in acquired a bunch of parts saws from a closed dealership and posted some pictures, while everyone was clamoring and drooling over the mostly incomplete stihl saws I spied a red saw covered in shmoo. A week later I had a shindiawa 577 sitting on the picnic bench for examination.....she was locked up solid so I pulled the muffler expecting the worst but saw a pristine piston with some rust below the ring so I pulled the plug and found water. I soaked the p and c with pb blaster then let it sit. With the aid of some percussive adjustment tools on the clutch side I got it free then added some gas and like a smokey old train it came to life.

I must be some kind of lucky because its another non runner saw I've gotten with new fuel lines and a rebuilt carburetor.

You know you have cad when you decide leave out a good running saw with a good chain, extra fuel, and bar oil incase the fire crew needs an extra saw and you don't care if they keep it because their saving homes.

Here I view this thread thinking it will help....and I think it's making me worse. I've asked myself many times, what is the appeal of a chainsaw? I have no interest in having a collection of string trimmers (although I do), leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, or anything like that. Yet here I am with about 10 running saws and about another 7 in process. The amount of wood I cut in a year you could cut with a battery powered saw from Harbor Freight.

Saws are just cool. Dont need another reason to collect them. The wife disagrees, but she also likes a warm house.
I wonder if my wife will notice that every time I trim the branches on our birch trees I use a different saw? Or that sometimes I trim them with a 57cc saw with a 24" bar?

The mechanic at work gave me a not running ryobi 4618, it was free and I didn't have to go pick it up. Its got compression and spark. Its needs a top cover which is literally a 4$ item on this saw.
I always say if you've got compression and spark, you've got a runner.

Back