Dolmar "6100" on Craigslist? Is it actually a 6400?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james83WI

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a felling/firewood saw, currently browsing the local used options on craigslist. Theres a Stihl MS 361 (425$) and Dolmar 6100 (350$) for sale. I read an older thread on this site where someone said there is no 6100 model, is this true? Is it likely that the Dolmar is actually a 6400? I'm leaning towards the Stihl but the lower price on the Dolmar has me interested. Any thoughts?

Edit: I previously owned a Husqvarna 550XP and loved it, but not looking to spend so much on a new saw right now.

I was wondering why, when I go to look for Dolmar dealers in my area, it linked me to the Makita website. Have they absorbed the Dolmar brand?
Makita bought out dolmar a long time ago but just recently decided to get rid of the dolmar name and use Makita, same sawws, different name.

Meanwhile, someone is swooping in to buy the Stihl in front of my nose :eek: $425 seems like a decent price for the MS 361 (with bar and chain).
Also on deck is a Husky 359 for the same price, but reviews are mixed on that one...

Good chance it was someone that read your post about it. Its not me!
LOL, I was joking, but wouldn't be surprised :D.
I'm biased to the 359, just because I've always bought Husky, (except for that MS 180C which I subsequently sold) it's between them and Stihl as far as dealers go around here. Thanks for the input everyone!

Back