Thermoelectric Fan: Yay or Nay...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Considering one or two for when the power goes out to help distribute heat a bit. Im not expecting it to be even close to the ability of my stove blower.

just not sure if it is even worth getting one.

What are your opinions...?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Honestly they are more of a wood meter lol. They do move a bit of air but if i hadnt of got mine fro free i would not buy one knowing howmlittle air they move.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My parents have one, it is used for blowing across water also, not really much air movement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20181108_155142.jpg I like mine. My Fisher baby bear in my 16x20 woods camp is the perfect place for it. $30 off amazon. It came with a cheap magnet thermometer also.
Bad pic but you get the idea.
It also serves a great use as a visual on the temp of your stove.
Slow fan, might need air or wood.

View attachment 776400 I like mine. My Fisher baby bear in my 16x20 woods camp is the perfect place for it. $30 off amazon. It came with a cheap magnet thermometer also.
Bad pic but you get the idea.
It also serves a great use as a visual on the temp of your stove.
Slow fan, might need air or wood.
I have one of those stoves, just like that.. .that's a "baby bear" isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have one of the peltier fans, they work okay, helps extend the reach of the radiant heat more than anything, they don't really move a lot of air. That being said, if rather have one than not.

I have a caframo ecofan. They are made about 20 miles from me here in Ontario. They also sell a rebuild kit so if something goes wrong with it, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for a new fan. My stove has a blower but it's nice to have a backup for if the power goes out.
The claim is 20% more heat movement, or 20% less wood. It's not a miracle nor will it double your effective heating and it doesn't claim to. What I have found is it helps convection when I have my blower off. If I had a radiant only stove, I would definitely recommend one or even two. It will help heat the house more effectively.
f54db611cac45557db611f48a87e7e8f.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Jeff, the fan shouldn't be infront of the pipe, it needs the cooler air to the side to cool the fins and keep a good temp difference across the teg. You risk the fan running slow due to small temp difference and then the knock on is a possible overheat of the teg.

I've a couple of cheap ones and a more expensive brand. There's no difference so I say buy cheap. My stoves a snuggly fitted in fireplaces and I think the fan helps to get heat out into the room but it's not a big difference. They are a novelty as much as a tool

Jeff, the fan shouldn't be infront of the pipe, it needs the cooler air to the side to cool the fins and keep a good temp difference across the teg. You risk the fan running slow due to small temp difference and then the knock on is a possible overheat of the teg.

I've a couple of cheap ones and a more expensive brand. There's no difference so I say buy cheap. My stoves a snuggly fitted in fireplaces and I think the fan helps to get heat out into the room but it's not a big difference. They are a novelty as much as a tool

Correct, it needs to pull cool air from the edge of the stove. Plus sitting it in the middle can damage it.

My stove, Regency Alterra, has a false top with an air space under which the blower air flows through. It really huffs out the heat. As a result the stove top doesn't get that hot. The pipe is double wall insulated. I feel the fan is safe where it is. When running without the blower, I put the fan on the back corner.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I have the $60 Ecofan. It pushes warm air towards the kitchen. You notice the difference when it's not on. The stove has a blower, but it's noisy and will dry your eyeballs. I only use it when I need a quick temp boost.

most homes nowadays are so big that little fan is a novelty. lotsa stuff is for selling and people buying then not using.i wont ever buy one. o i burn a lot of wood . i am not telling not to buy one but you proly not buy another when and if the one you buy stops working.

I appreciate all the info guys. If i find a good deal on one i MIGHT try it. But im not going to spend much.

I have the $60 Ecofan. It pushes warm air towards the kitchen. You notice the difference when it's not on. The stove has a blower, but it's noisy and will dry your eyeballs. I only use it when I need a quick temp boost.

Put a pot of water on top like everyone else. Your eyeballs will become moist again[emoji16]

Latest posts

Back