What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us about the scooter, looks like wheelie bars on the back:sweet:
Son's, Father-in-law and grandson's race mini-bikes. Yup, people do that. Different classes in 1/8 mile drag race. Some of them can run in 5- 6's at 100+mph, this one will not be that fast, it's in raw steel, but ready to run. Some of the ones he has run in 7-8-9's 60-70mph, they start out slow to me and wind up. Person who I picked it up from said it's around 25+ hp, modified 13hp motor and runs well, will have to speak with Randy after he runs it at track. If you have ever been into a person's garage, decked out, fireplace, tiled, Randy has a couple filled with Chevy's, Fords, T-buckets, Harleys, trikes, Classics with blown (700+ motors), antique snowmobiles and mini-bikes.

Trying to put the tank on my 281. Can't firgue out the big spring on the front. Might be missing mounts on the tank. And some 028's I just got a handle for one. 281 help

Attachments

• 20191129_195625.jpg
    20191129_195625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20191129_195649.jpg
    20191129_195649.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Hey Joe why don't you JUST check the fuel tank seal for today. Link----->fuel tank seal test
ftw.jpg
They should not let me play with tools, it always ends up looking like this.

I think I am going to tape off around the tank pieces with the exception of the inside of the tank and soda blast all the paint out of it, there is no need for the paint in there anyway and most of it is just flaking off and I don't want it clogging up my fuel filter when I put this girl back together. I will be checking the seals also before re-assembling the saw. The piston looks great through the intake and exhaust port.

I will be replacing all the gaskets, spark plug, fuel line/filter, air filter/starter rope and handle and the carb has already been rebuilt. The fuel cap has been rebuilt and it will get a new oil filler cap as well. I won't be repainting this one since most of the paint is in good shape and I have used one of the 3D printed dust guards (which I like better than the originals since they are much stronger) on the starter cover.

Well I just finished up my 034 Super project. It's running amazing! It was cutting like a saw above its weight class.

Finishing that up made room on my bench for a Hobart industrial meat slicer that belongs to my Brother-in-law. He bought 4 broken ones off of some auction site a while back, and I was able to turn 4 broken ones into 3 running ones. Now I have another to fix, he said it keep tripping the breaker when you turn it on.

I'm not picky about what I work on.

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Continuing work on the PM 270 Canadien, here is a pic of the clutch (looks heavy duty to me), and our homemade exhaust solution. The openings will be checked and opened up as needed to achieve the right back pressure. It's crude but better than nothing...

Attachments

• 20191201_174454.jpg
    20191201_174454.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 20191201_174500.jpg
    20191201_174500.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 16
Beer/soda can. The soup cans are all serrated and probably wouldn't seal well even when flattened. Plus, which is more enjoyable to consume in large quantities, so you'll always have plenty of can stock on hand, soup, or a nice cold drink?

Well for me, plenty of Pepsi cans on hand lol. I like the fact that it's very thin unlike a thick exhaust gasket material. I wonder how the melting temp compares to copper.

Back