Chainsaw Trousers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have been wearing Stihl Function chainsaw trousers in the woods as of late but they are starting to fall apart (no, not from being hit by the saw).
I want to get something a bit better quality this time.
I see a lot of BC fallers on youtube wear those Sip trousers, you know, the blue ones with the orange pocket flaps. They must be good if so many people wear them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but bear in mind I'm not trying to start some sort of PPE war. I have seen what these discussions can degenerate into on facebook.

I have been wearing Stihl Function chainsaw trousers in the woods as of late but they are starting to fall apart (no, not from being hit by the saw).
I want to get something a bit better quality this time.
I see a lot of BC fallers on youtube wear those Sip trousers, you know, the blue ones with the orange pocket flaps. They must be good if so many people wear them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but bear in mind I'm not trying to start some sort of PPE war. I have seen what these discussions can degenerate into on facebook.

Im interested in this as well.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

No experience with the pants but I’ve had the Stihl woodcutter chaos for years and they’ve done well by me.

I have been wanting to try the pants, specifically I’ve been looking at the pfanner brand. They have some that are made for heavy brush that would work well for me...but whewwwwweeee $$$

I’m interested too. The Cloggers I tried fit like a leather disco-tech outfit. Major plumbers crack, super tight in the crotch, sausage thighs and hot!!! There’s got to be something better.

No problems with fit but my wife bought me a pair back in 2004 and I wore them once. They are good for cold weather only, they insulate well and don't breath enough for warm weather use. I'm about ready to put these up for sale, just saw them hanging in the shop the other day and no plans of ever using them........Cliff

I bought a pair or Arborwear Ironwood pants not to long ago but have put some time in them. I don’t climb in them. Just firewood cutting and on the ground going through brush and so far they are holding up good. My expectation is for them to last a very long time.

I find them very comfortable and the zippered air vents In the back work fairly nice. A lot of pockets so I keep my ear plugs In one pocket. My cell phone in one. And keep a wedge in the left leg pocket and keep a carb tool in one so I can make adjustments when needed.

I bought a pair or Arborwear Ironwood pants not to long ago but have put some time in them. I don’t climb in them. Just firewood cutting and on the ground going through brush and so far they are holding up good. My expectation is for them to last a very long time.

I find them very comfortable and the zippered air vents In the back work fairly nice. A lot of pockets so I keep my ear plugs In one pocket. My cell phone in one. And keep a wedge in the left leg pocket and keep a carb tool in one so I can make adjustments when needed.

are these the Chainsaw Pants you bought ?
https://arborwear.com/catalog/produ...id/12795/s/ironwood-chainsaw-pants/#color=241
expensive but these are the first chainsaw pants I ever saw built like that, I really would like to give them a try, the reviews sound excellent.

are these the Chainsaw Pants you bought ?
https://arborwear.com/catalog/produ...id/12795/s/ironwood-chainsaw-pants/#color=241
expensive but these are the first chainsaw pants I ever saw built like that, I really would like to give them a try, the reviews sound excellent.

@Cycledude, When I ordered my Ironwood Pants back on October 24th they were $250.00 on the Arborwear site. A guy on Youtube sent me to Penn Line Service Arborwear. The website is almost identical but on that Penn Line site they were $190.00 plus shipping. I had signed up for Arborwear emails and they sent me a 10% off promo code. I was able to use this code on the Penn Line site and ended up getting my Ironwoods for like $205.00 out the door.

Now the Arborwear site has them at $280.00 and the Penn Line site at $204.40. Go to Arborwear and sign up for there emails and see if they send you an email with a 10% off promo code. Then go to the following link and get them at the cheaper price while also using the promo code. Won't be as cheap as I got them but still cheaper than the regular price. I use Firefox for my browser and that site doesn't like to work correctly, if you use Firefox by chance and have issues open it up in Internet Explorer as for me the site works perfect in IE. Not sure why it doesn't seem to like Firefox. I wear a 32x32 in regular pants. I wanted to be able to tuck my shirt in with the chainsaw pants and still have room so I bought 34x32 and they are awesome. With the belt loops I am still able to wear a belt and have my firearm on my side as well and the many pockets are awesome.

Let me know if you have any more questions on the pants. Between yesterday and today I got another 16 hours of use on them. Each time I wear them I like them more and more.

https://pennline.arborwear.com/ironwood-chainsaw-pants

I wore heavy duty jeans when cutting. I don’t think chaps were available back then. I had a hard hat but no muffs.

No problems with fit but my wife bought me a pair back in 2004 and I wore them once. They are good for cold weather only, they insulate well and don't breath enough for warm weather use. I'm about ready to put these up for sale, just saw them hanging in the shop the other day and no plans of ever using them........Cliff

This wan my main worry. I get hot easy.

@Cycledude, When I ordered my Ironwood Pants back on October 24th they were $250.00 on the Arborwear site. A guy on Youtube sent me to Penn Line Service Arborwear. The website is almost identical but on that Penn Line site they were $190.00 plus shipping. I had signed up for Arborwear emails and they sent me a 10% off promo code. I was able to use this code on the Penn Line site and ended up getting my Ironwoods for like $205.00 out the door.

Now the Arborwear site has them at $280.00 and the Penn Line site at $204.40. Go to Arborwear and sign up for there emails and see if they send you an email with a 10% off promo code. Then go to the following link and get them at the cheaper price while also using the promo code. Won't be as cheap as I got them but still cheaper than the regular price. I use Firefox for my browser and that site doesn't like to work correctly, if you use Firefox by chance and have issues open it up in Internet Explorer as for me the site works perfect in IE. Not sure why it doesn't seem to like Firefox. I wear a 32x32 in regular pants. I wanted to be able to tuck my shirt in with the chainsaw pants and still have room so I bought 34x32 and they are awesome. With the belt loops I am still able to wear a belt and have my firearm on my side as well and the many pockets are awesome.

Let me know if you have any more questions on the pants. Between yesterday and today I got another 16 hours of use on them. Each time I wear them I like them more and more.

https://pennline.arborwear.com/ironwood-chainsaw-pants

You answer my next question perfectly! I was worried what size to get to fit my gun. I also wear a 34x32 to fit my gun IWB. If OWB i wear 32x32.

Do you OWB carry or IWB carry with them?

You answer my next question perfectly! I was worried what size to get to fit my gun. I also wear a 34x32 to fit my gun IWB. If OWB i wear 32x32.

Do you OWB carry or IWB carry with them?

I carry OWB so I don’t need extra room for the gun but with a shirt tucked in I didn’t want them to feel like they were squeezing me around the waist so I went 2” bigger to 34” waist.

The holster I use is made by Bravo Concealment. I have been using it for probably 2-2 1/2 years and really like it. I have an IWB holster but don’t use it anymore. As long as I dress appropriately I can conceal with this OWB without issue. I carry daily a Glock 19(yeah yeah I know a Glock...lol. Not a Glock fanboy just the gun that suited me)

I carry OWB so I don’t need extra room for the gun but with a shirt tucked in I didn’t want them to feel like they were squeezing me around the waist so I went 2” bigger to 34” waist.

The holster I use is made by Bravo Concealment. I have been using it for probably 2-2 1/2 years and really like it. I have an IWB holster but don’t use it anymore. As long as I dress appropriately I can conceal with this OWB without issue. I carry daily a Glock 19(yeah yeah I know a Glock...lol. Not a Glock fanboy just the gun that suited me)

I carry a glock 19 daily too[emoji1787]. At work it is a G43 so it is hidden really well.

Latest posts

Back