Big holzfforma black Friday sale!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You also need to check the difference between what is ADVERTISED and what is linked to the SEARCH ENGINE.

eg.Here they advertise a 58cc and a 62cc Chainsaw using the 75cc search engine (so because you searched: "75cc powered chainsaw" , are looking for a 75cc THEN you subconsciously ONLY see the 75cc part of the advert).
Even your add to cart may show the words "75cc powered chainsaw" BUT the picture says otherwise so you won't win a legal battle after the fact.

IMG_20191128_075324_228.JPG

Super markets are the biggest offender when it comes to "Sale" prices.
They announced here in last spring that over the next year the minimum wage would increase to $15/hr.
I've watched items that were $1 jump to $4, then they run a 'sale' on items that are higher than they were last week.

Harbor Freight plays price games month to month. I got in the habit of saving the monthly catalogs they sent out, one month an item is $19.99, then the next its on sale for $24.99, and two months later its $29.99. This month they have it on sale for $18.99 but they don't have any in stock at the four local stores. There's only a handful of consumables I buy at HF these days, but I'm slowly finding better options for those as well.

Walmart has raised prices by about 40% over the past two years here on most all items. Items that didn't get a price increase got cheapened or had the quantity reduced by 75% or more. I've about given up on Walmart.

I hate spending good American cash on Chinese anything.

Hutzl usually has a few super deals, but they're usually sold out or no longer available. They must make a killing on the shipping,
Right now I got an email for free shipping on a number of saws sans bar and chains. To get a bar and chain, the shipping is more than the cost of the bar.

I think the real joke is how much they're making on those saws and parts here. The cost of labor is so cheap there their actual cost is probably about 5% of what they charge. I deal with a Chinese manufacturer at work, the cost of shipping larger items from there to here isn't anywhere close to what they charge. The problem is they rely solely on E-packets and DHL. I think DHL only comes into play over 70lbs so your paying postal rates for bulky items.

Something that really bothers me lately is that the local dealers are mixing Chinese parts in with their inventory now as well and charging like they're oem parts.

They seem to charge a percentage on the small items that can go via E-Packet in the mail. Larger items seem to be charged by weight and size and go DHL.
I've gotten a few things but usually only if I can't find original parts or if its not really a wear item.
A buddy built an 070 a few years ago, he bought the saw, two bars, and a dozen or more chains. Surprisingly the chains aren't too bad, they aren't Stihl quality, but they're better than most of what you get from HD or TSC. The cutters are pretty hard, hard enough that the Chinese files they sell won't sharpen them, nor will the later Oregon files.
The one issue he did have from the start is that the chain stretched pretty bad, pretty fast, then it stabilized and seems to be fine. The drive links are soft and are showing more wear than the teeth.
He's not a commercial user, just a wood worker who uses it on occasion with a counterfeit Grandberg sawmill he also got from them. If he's made 30 cuts with it I'd be surprised. I don't think he trusts it yet.
Myself, I generally only buy Stihl chain unless I get a super deal at an auction on Oregon or older Carlton chain.

I'd like to see this again
cAA4CfrltelkWa4FQ_1D1cTmZH3kX3Tg_sIL135M_Br325uAcBth6_I0Dp8EgfmrWR7nAEDc_u5n8C5UYdPH66A7YZhz7Uv5Vq7xAl4JY32flO7fahMlpdmILvVIt9mPzQtLJZL0RWF_Adxj9S0O_DQ66o46yxf36rRrwV8B4VdajMh3OsIrnYyM0b6gqiRUN3SgDjgAnej7psdRqMFK9cRpoI2p0PnzyvJIgPv9CFOlu9e5FxaOqpyXAtFnX02XkFZjpxOuz8FdudBaMhWlQFfabPjVS9hKLfyznQSvcxdQXkA6CGPmyYhKwEh3sk47Corx9zQqBN92O5PzG2BWG3J5kjaQoBfkxNkO-ri0j091ElUWbRKsudbd85-OUaIOK8zob65vHILT1JVmmpvK-7PpWnSfFQcjO0KNRokqtdd3cK2xRFcOSLW6FRvU4Qi5iMDw4QwT9LvJyns5_26PQMrClBRJCJmA3Z2ysRIgfOeuXq3qNO6F9HSR2wTqf-ldp7MS1CxRfjbDI02bhrCbNXdahONVbA8-5OZhpB4-f8JWgG9w4lTIMTte6dZOfpnjkNV7D4flmZ8XIhl5XqPzP0Q0R23kgcrGiE97CFXUGSqe1i25Nxx-oa-XGJ03SRpv0cld1YW0nQ9qfJl2tpcISzcyPjOBNUzb3JD_XXISa3u8LnzpCldf-cOAmpwHt6Wc3lAzyqMcg4EWHAoFoWprGaLrSH_XUQd3SpcIr8ix7Nxlxq4=w974-h480-no

and actually deliver it.
How much was shipping?

How much was shipping?
Oh the shipping from China issue...
I tried to buy the breaker and spinner chain combo from holzforma a few weeks ago. Pretty good deal $48 for both....paid through PayPal and then saw the "shipping" costs..."they weren't disclosed in holtz website "...shipping was $50... Cost more to ship, then purchase....boo.
Cancel purchase.

Back