Photos of your chainsaw rebuild area...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’d love to see your workshop or the space you fix and rebuild your saws.

I would absolutely love a workshop, but am making do very happily with the second bedroom which doubles as my work office.

I have set up a space in the cupboard with a desk so I can leave my projects where I finish and get right back to them when I like. I found having to clear up before I can re use the space for other takes made me rush and lose the enjoyment of rebuilds!

Here is my little space I have just finished! The desk was from gumtree and fitted perfectly and I just made a shelf :) the tool box gets pulled along side me hahah.

Sometimes you’ve got to make do! When life throws you lemons you make lemonade as such! I have a great partner :numberone:

B21F7198-250B-4A91-AFC9-217BBCAFE037.jpeg

26EF3FE6-56E7-48B3-B7B6-ECB05B6F0EF3.jpeg
59F637D9-7444-4C6A-8DB4-0E951A1394DF.jpeg

My benches are my desk in the house for carb rebuilds, a slabbed chunk of cedar for just pulling cylinders and such, a concrete floor for tearing a saw down to the cases, and my workbench at work for saws I don’t own. The desk picture is before I stripped it down and refinished it, as it is the only complete photo I have of the desk.
IMG_2929.jpg IMG_3321.jpeg IMG_3813.jpeg IMG_3814.jpeg

A few of these benches are entirely too clean and organised!!!!
Don't do a great job, but I'm kinda anal about keeping my bench tidy.

It's a couple days old, but if you put stuff away, you have room for the surprise project, and can (usually) find the stuff you put away where it belongs. Ignore the stuff on the left, bike parts that don't follow the rules. :rare2:

Attachments

• IMG_20191126_194217.jpg
    IMG_20191126_194217.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 32
Here's picture from today... The previous one was from last year... Lol
dccfe55fda38dd1ac76037a04f6e05c2.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg This is where all the rebuilding and new building happens. I use these pine boxes when doing saw rebuilds because I get them for free from the wine warehouse in town. when they get dirty I burn them in the wood stove. Or if I get sick of screwing with the saw I flip the box over throw everything in it and throw it in the other garage. Then ten years from now I’ll find it again and get all horned up and maybe finish it lol

I gotta admit some of these photos make me salivate and I thought I was well set up for someone who is just a “homeowner” these days.

I basically have three workspaces, I’ll share photos as they are from this morning.

The first is a box and surrounding tools. The box and it’s top have been my “main”, and at times only workspace for twenty years. My dad bought me the box as a teenager just before I went to tech schooL. These days it still serves as the main tear down, dirtier work, and tool storage area.

5D2AFC15-F833-43F1-A959-023A8BA04F9F.jpeg

The second is a bench my mom bought me some years ago. Not pictured but bolted to the table is a drill press/bench grinder jig I sharpen my stump grinder teeth on. The vise that can be seen there is bolted to a 2x6 with three long screws through it for like 15 years now so it can be moved around but it’s hardley ever in the way so it’s been living there a while now. The 2/3 of the bench the vise is on serves as a cleaner(when I put down poster board) and better lit workspace than the box top and is where I do most assemblies from carbs to saws to small engines. I also can stand straight up at this bench which I cannot if standing right up against my toolbox. 55A8646B-FCA1-4223-8C0D-CF736DC79D1E.jpeg

The third is in the basement, I do not use it much as all my tool are in the garage. I did clean up a cylinder down here yesterday morning because it was 11* in the garage, and it certainly has the best lighting if the garage door is down. The main work area in the basement super clean atm because this morning I played elf and built a special little girl’s barbie dream house at this bench, the rest is cluttered as normal. Thing was so damn tall I had to move it to the floor anyway.FBFA8113-60BC-4EB3-939C-12605FE44946.jpeg
Super clean atm he says. Look around. Lol

Anyway. Figured I’d share. Those are my workspaces. For almost all things I need to repair, which I do most things myself. I end up using all three for almost all purposes at some point or another because as you all well know this or that is in the way or it’s to cold or I need my vise for this part or on and on the list goes.

Thanks to everyone else who shared their inspiring workspaces/workshops. Have a great Holiday!

Bruce

Back