Chainsaw Trousers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing at all wrong with Glocks and they are close to top of the pile for striker fired auto pistols. Problem is they don't have a safety on them so need to be in a good holster and care taken when putting them in that holster, especially if you have layered up for a cold day Winter day.

I carry daily, part of my job (and just a good idea these days with all the ****-hooks running around out there), but when I'm working around the property in the Winter months I switch from my M & P over to a S & W 38 special airweight revolver. It goes nicely in a coat pocket, pants pocket, and no worries about reaching in there and touching off a round inadvertently.......Cliff

Nothing at all wrong with Glocks and they are close to top of the pile for striker fired auto pistols. Problem is they don't have a safety on them so need to be in a good holster and care taken when putting them in that holster, especially if you have layered up for a cold day Winter day.

I carry daily, part of my job (and just a good idea these days with all the ****-hooks running around out there), but when I'm working around the property in the Winter months I switch from my M & P over to a S & W 38 special airweight revolver. It goes nicely in a coat pocket, pants pocket, and no worries about reaching in there and touching off a round inadvertently.......Cliff

Pistons should not have a safety. Ill never buy one that has one. At least not one I plan on designating as a self defense gun.

JMO.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Pistons should not have a safety. Ill never buy one that has one. At least not one I plan on designating as a self defense gun.

JMO.

I feel the same way. I have a Ruger LC9 as well. It has a slide safety and it is never on. It mainly sits in the safe but my Glock 19 always has 15 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber ready to roll. I am very careful when I remove it from the holster and put it back.

my point of a self defense gun is for it to be “ready” at all times if needed.

The safety on a striker fired auto pistol should NOT be on when carrying it, you will NEVER remember to take it up when **** hits the fan and you need to use it quickly.

I only use the safety on my 45 M & P when holstering it. Then take it off for carry.

I've been in LE 37 years now, and in the three different organizations I've worked for we recorded 3 incidents of "Glock Leg", all were related to holstering or drawing the weapon from the holster. I've never had one on my watch, and I was also a small arms instructor for over 20 years with zero incidents while I was running the range.......Cliff

I have been wearing Stihl Function chainsaw trousers in the woods as of late but they are starting to fall apart (no, not from being hit by the saw).
I want to get something a bit better quality this time.
I see a lot of BC fallers on youtube wear those Sip trousers, you know, the blue ones with the orange pocket flaps. They must be good if so many people wear them?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but bear in mind I'm not trying to start some sort of PPE war. I have seen what these discussions can degenerate into on facebook.
Those are called CAN-SWE
Can-Swe Distributions from Salmon arm BC

https://www.canswe.com/
I don't care for the ones I bought in the UK. They are hot and don't seem that protective. They would be the lowest rating here at 20 m/s then they have 24 & then 28 m/s All the climbers pants have to have wrap around legs. That's would be insane. I held a pair. Too hot to work
I will probably buy another pair of Can-swe Faller poly pro 3600.
That's what I used in B.C.. They are nice in the heat. I have used the half n half too many times. as they deflect the water off the bush well. It's easy to put light rain pants on when needed too or own both pairs.
ONO supply in Nanaimo had better prices at $158.cnd

Those are called CAN-SWE
Can-Swe Distributions from Salmon arm BC

https://www.canswe.com/
I don't care for the ones I bought in the UK. They are hot and don't seem that protective. They would be the lowest rating here at 20 m/s then they have 24 & then 28 m/s All the climbers pants have to have wrap around legs. That's would be insane. I held a pair. Too hot to work
I will probably buy another pair of Can-swe Faller poly pro 3600.
That's what I used in B.C.. They are nice in the heat. I have used the half n half too many times. as they deflect the water off the bush well. It's easy to put light rain pants on when needed too or own both pairs.
ONO supply in Nanaimo had better prices at $158.cnd

Please correct me if I’m wrong but these paints don’t look like they provide protection against the saw chain?

I’m interested too. The Cloggers I tried fit like a leather disco-tech outfit. Major plumbers crack, super tight in the crotch, sausage thighs and hot!!! There’s got to be something better.
Hi, I am from Clogger in NZ and have just joined this forum (hence hopping into the conversation a few months late!!!) Can I ask which model pants it was that you tried? It sounds like there may have been a bit of a sizing issue. If you are in the correct size they should be a little more fitted than most chainsaw pants but but definitely not skin tight!

Cheers
Pete
Clogger

Latest posts

Back