Decompression valve delete on a Stihl ms 460 magnum.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkusO

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im new here. Recently I noticed that my competition saw a ms 460 magnum was running strange. When it was idleing it did like a puffing sound. So i tested the pressure and found out that the decomp valve is leaking.
Id like to plug it so i dont have to deal with it anymore.
Here in estonia only Husqvarna dealers have a specific bolt to plug the hole, stihl dealers dont have them, is it okay if i use the Husqvarna one on my cylinder? Has anyone tried that?
(Sorry for my spelling mistakes.)

Someone posted a YouTube video of what he considers manditory upgrades to the FarmerTech kit saws. He was working with a 660. One of his upgrades was to replace the FarmerTech decomp with an OEM Husqvarna decomp.

I can't say that it is 100% ok to do on your 460. However, the technical part of my brain tells me that if the threads are the same and the threaded section is the same length as (or shorter then) the Stihl, a Husqvarna decomp plug should work without issue.

Your shoulder may hate you, but that will end up being a different thread. :surprised3:

Latest posts

Back