Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SVK, that is a super nice looking 8500! Nice paint and decals. I love the soft handle on the half wrap too. I have the original that came with mine before I upgraded to a full wrap. That saw will put a smile on your face for sure, especially with a bigger bar! Congratulations! Max.
Thanks! I’m humbled for the gift and excited to try it!!

How is he doing?

Anyone here have an 82cc mac? I'd love to hear how they compare

A friend with a PM850 raced me and my 5200 and then swapped saws.

Me on a Homelite S2100. My friend on my 5200

Tim S 2100 Heath 5200.jpg

Getting ready to tune his 850

Heath 850.jpg

We ran in the log in the first pic. 28" bars. He beat me twice. I got him once. I would say they were very close with 28" bars.

A friend with a PM850 raced me and my 5200 and then swapped saws.

Me on a Homelite S2100. My friend on my 5200

View attachment 777363

Getting ready to tune his 850

View attachment 777364

We ran in the log in the first pic. 28" bars. He beat me twice. I got him once. I would say they were very close with 28" bars.

Ok cool that's good to know. Gives me a good idea how they run. I know the 850 will probably edge out my 800 even with the 2 pounder deleted. Very cool saws did poulan ever have a bigger 1 in the pipeline like the 123cc Mac's? I spose that market was a dead end as the big wood was gone

Ok cool that's good to know. Gives me a good idea how they run. I know the 850 will probably edge out my 800 even with the 2 pounder deleted. Very cool saws did poulan ever have a bigger 1 in the pipeline like the 123cc Mac's? I spose that market was a dead end as the big wood was gone

The 85cc Poulans were the last of their big saws. I hear they will cut faster with a 36" bar. Lots of torque and pretty good anti vibe.

I like the 5200 quite a bit better than the 8500 as it gained a lot of perceived weight with all the improvements they made.

I should have brought a better bar, That one is pretty worn out. I was running a .050 ga chain and the bar is worn to an .063 ga

The 85cc Poulans were the last of their big saws. I hear they will cut faster with a 36" bar. Lots of torque and pretty good anti vibe.

I like the 5200 quite a bit better than the 8500 as it gained a lot of perceived weight with all the improvements they made.

I should have brought a better bar, That one is pretty worn out. I was running a .050 ga chain and the bar is worn to an .063 ga

I never new there was too much difference with the 8500.

It's down for resealing, I used Hondabond and it has a leak in the oil tank bottom. Was also concerned that the crankcase would leak and have things go south in a hurry. Will never use hbond again. I have some permatex ultra black and have used it before. On a positive note the inside looks good as well as all the moving parts

I've never used the Honda stuff. I've always use the GM gray sealant we have at work. So far it's been gas proof. I split a Craftsman Sportster 3.7 cause it was leaking in the gas tank seams. Resealed the whole saw with it a few years ago and still hasn't leaked from the gas tank or oil tank yet. I also resealed my craftsman 2.8/ Poulan 2800 with it over 7 years ago, oil tank hasn't leaked yet.

Steve Sidwell

Back