Solo 644 rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheif_87

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a solo 644 that needs a new piston and cylinder, a mate told me that a solo 651 top end will fit into it no problem is this true can I get a 651 piston and cylinder and rebuild it with that?

Regards Sean

Yes for piston & cylinder replacement, the 651 and 644 use the same crankcase. Cylinder-base bolt locations for the 42mm 644 and 45mm 651 cylinders are same.

Awesome thank you so if its the same cylinder I can just clean up the one I got if possible and put a 651 piston in it?

Also do you know where I can find a new piston and possibly a cylinder for a 651?

Thank you for ur help

Regards Sean

Also do I need to change the carburetor for a bigger top end or will the original one handle it fine?

Regards Sean

The 644 cylinder has 42mm bore, the 651 cylinder has 45mm bore: a 651 piston will not fit in a 644 cylinder. What I said before is the base bolt pattern for either cylinder is the same, NOT that the cylinders are the same.

The 644 and 651 use either a Walbro HDA 103 or HDA 127, similar carburetors.

Good luck find a piston and cylinder. NOS Solo parts in US have dried up.

Yes thank you I realised that after I asked lol, I have found a piston and cylinder in Australia through my dealer, thank you for all your help

Back