Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James, I would not give up on it yet. First, try to figure why it fried??? (Is the cylinder on the other side also bad?). Bad on both sides is usually bad fuel, bad on just the exhaust side is heat or lean failure (could be just from a poorly tuned carb). Often, if nothing else is wrong, you can replace the piston, clean the cylinder, and be back in business.

James, I would not give up on it yet. First, try to figure why it fried??? (Is the cylinder on the other side also bad?). Bad on both sides is usually bad fuel, bad on just the exhaust side is heat or lean failure (could be just from a poorly tuned carb). Often, if nothing else is wrong, you can replace the piston, clean the cylinder, and be back in business.
The 024 is top of my list right now. I may look into it further down the road.

Nice deer Six, looks like a big body. Where did that come out of???
Deer Creek, Wadena area about 3 hours from home. His maternal great Grampas old farm. His great uncle leases it to the younger generations to cover the taxes.

Guess it was the muzzle loader. For some reason I thought he was using the bow again. Said he's gonna try and thin the doe's down a couple before he comes home.

Deer Creek, Wadena area about 3 hours from home. His maternal great Grampas old farm. His great uncle leases it to the younger generations to cover the taxes.

Guess it was the muzzle loader. For some reason I thought he was using the bow again. Said he's gonna try and thin the doe's down a couple before he comes home.
They grow 'em big up there!! :eek:

Got something from Aus that should make cutting mitres in slabs a bit easier. Blade is a bit over 10 1/2". Looking forward to its first outing.

View attachment 777431

so being you are in the other side of the equator, which way does the blade spin? I was always under the belief that toilets spin backwards down there, does circular saws do as well?

just kidding, my one brother in-law swears by Makita power tools, they make some good stuff

@James Miller
If you end up flat throwing it away, please throw it my way. The engine in my 3516 is still strong, but the rest of the saw is showing its age. Plus mine doesn't have any AV. I could transplant my engine into that chassis.
I have two 3516’s if you need parts, one green and one yellow. Everything good except for the P and C on both. One missing a handlebar and fuel cap.

Marlin 1895 in 45/70?
d3673c677db52c9a8ec3ca8c2a8edd69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Those marlin 45-70’s are great guns, sure like mine B8E902C3-6E18-401D-B42A-B0976848C6DC.jpeg
Had a horrific accident at work today. A guy got entangled in a horizontal boring mill. Luckily I was close and we managed to save his life, at least for now. He was flown out on a helicopter. My reason for sharing this is I want to urge you guys to be careful. Chainsaws, tractors, pto equipment etc are all inherently dangerous. Please wear ppe and please take your time and be alert. Everyone needs to go home to their families..

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear Jeff, we will be praying for your coworker and you.
Son just took this guy with the bow today.
View attachment 777391
View attachment 777392
View attachment 777393

9pt if ya count the broken time.
Nice!! That’s great!
Went out Saturday for last day of cow elk, fresh snow, no tracks, think they went south. Might have to go wolf hunting, this no firewood cutting is already driving me nuts, it’s only been a few weeks and it don’t open again till May, might have to cut another yard tree, lol. And do some more milling like last year..D98BF1EC-8A6C-4E3D-90CA-32F207A49551.jpeg0B0E94B7-2AED-4DC2-916C-E3C165554A83.jpeg E4E259D7-BEE3-4B52-BE86-61D43D0040C0.jpeg

Back