Husky Roller File Kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have something to do with the design of the depth gauge tool? Specific to this chain? Just guessing.
I purchased a 545 in November 2018 as my first chainsaw. I also purchased the Husqvarna sharpening kit for "Pixel" 0.325 narrow kerf.

It took me a while to notice that my 545 was shipped with SP33 "X-Cut" chain, not with H30.

I later purchased (from a seller in Germany) the roller guide specified for SP33.

Comparing the roller guides for H30 and for SP33: I haven't taken careful measurements to see if there are differences in the geometry of the roller guide part of it, but you are correct that there are differences in the depth gauge tools. The one on the left (red rollers) is the one for SP33.

325 NK roller guides.jpg

Thanks for posting that.

They need to mark / label these roller guides better. Took me a long time to figure out (many years ago) that there were different guides for .325 and .325 Narrow Kerf chains (both silver). I just assumed that I was 'doing something wrong'.

photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg

I marked mine with a label maker. * The squared out holes in the one guide was a modification I made to fit over some large, low kickback bumpers.

Philbert

I've looked all over for the 33 kit. Where did you get it from?
I bought mine from a German seller on eBay.

It's not a complete kit - just the combination roller guide/depth gauge tool. I already had the files.

The part number on this - just the roller guide/depth gauge packaged by itself - was 586938401. If I Google search that number now, I see some US sellers who list it on their web sites.

As an aside, I think that the file handle that comes in the Husqvarna kit is OK for the flat file for the depth gauges, but is terrible when it comes to holding the tang of the 3/16" round files.

Latest posts

Back