Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmace5

Reaction score
I have a 201 TC M Tronic. Less than 2 years old.
About 2 weeks ago it started having issues with not Starting out of the blue, even after being run 30 Seconds previously. It still sometimes takes up to 40 pulls to get it going again. Then no issues until it feels like it. Within this last week it has also started to run at High Idle.. I have had the local Stihl Dealer look at it. Whole new Handle has been installed, new Spark plug, Fuel and Air Filter, Factory reset and carby taken off inspected etc. And they are stumped at this point.. Surely someone has had similar issues. I am thinking it may be a sticky butterfly valve in Carb?
Any advice would be Appreciated

Did they do a pressure and Vac test? Sounds like it is lean for some reason. When they took the carb appart, did they adjust the metering lever properly? Also did they have a look for the fuel numbers on the computer? It would be good to go through it step By step with the Checklist.

I will have to raise those Questions with them next time Im there. Dropping the saw off over Christmas period. Thats If it dosnt get launched from the treetops in the mean time
I know it does get quite abit of pressure built up in tank if you refuel half way through a tank.. not sure if that could be causing issues

Latest posts

Back