How Long Do You Let Motoseal Setup Before Starting Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I know I am probably driving everybody crazy but I get really excited when I finally get parts to put my saw together.

With that said, my 290, I mean 390, is back together. And now the temptation is killing me to try starting it.

So how long do you have to let motoseal setup before starting? It doesnt say anything on the tube.

I normally start mine shortly after its assembled.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The applications are different and so the wait time is different. Your 039 is a clam shell design and the lower bearing halves/case are sealed with the motoseal you are using. This is a large area and different than say a head gasket or case where there is a gasket and small area for the sealer to help. I agree with the overnight crowd this time. Other times it is plug and play.

I did a base gasket delete on my Poulan 3000 a few weeks ago(after checking squish of course) and sealed the cylinder base with motoseal and I let it sit overnight also just to be safe.

I am rebuilding a clamshell engine soon and will do the same just to be sure.

I know I am probably driving everybody crazy but I get really excited when I finally get parts to put my saw together.

With that said, my 290, I mean 390, is back together. And now the temptation is killing me to try starting it.

So how long do you have to let motoseal setup before starting? It doesnt say anything on the tube.
Step 5. Allow 24 hours of cure time for proper seal. Printed on back of package card.

Step 5. Allow 24 hours of cure time for proper seal. Printed on back of package card.
If we followed the saw manufacturer’s directions (in your manual), we’d never have a reason as homeowners to use Motoseal on a saw. Kinda blows the theory of reading the instructions...

Latest posts

Back