Wood Mizer or timberwolf log splitter ? Thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris moss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So after selling wood this year, which os not over yet , i have decided that the troy built single wedge log splitter just is not up to par. Since today is a nasty rainy day id figure id look around for a replacement, i can not split enough wood with the troy built to keep up with demand , so im looking at the timberwolf alpha or the wood mizer fs-300, have any of you member had any experience with either ? Pros or cons on either , im stuck between the two

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191201-111716.png
    Screenshot_20191201-111716.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20191201-111633.png
    Screenshot_20191201-111633.png
    652.1 KB · Views: 30
I think you should expand your search. I'd be looking pretty hard at the Eastonmade stuff as well as Wolfe Ridge MFG.
Yeah i just looked at the wolfridge ones and they are nice, i like the adjustable 6 way wedge , and does not seem to put out as much debris as the box type ones , ty for the recommendation

To me the adjustable 4-way seems like the best option. It needs to drop all the way to the beam though, so that you can just use the single wedge for nasty pieces. I'm not sure if the Wolfe Ridge splitters do that.

Personally, the box wedge designs don't seem that appealing, but maybe for someone selling bundles of small splits, they'd be ideal. That open bottom box wedge that Eastonmade has does look promising though.

Those all seem like nice machines. I'm thinking of making the table top buggie type as an experiment.
Without knowing all the pricing, out of all the videos I have seen, the EastonMade looks like the way to go.
The buggie example seems way too high unless it includes the conveyor.

Eastonmade gives the option of changing out the box wedge for a traditional four or six way.
The box wedge is also adjustable up and down to make larger or smaller splits.
You can also order Eastonmade with a hitch for a conveyor. I think they have a hitch on both ends to change out.
You can also work them from either side when working alone.
I've never used one but one or two in the firewood forum have bought them recently.

Back