Is Husqvarna Fading??? & West Coast thought's???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight was never a problem with me in the past, it was performance and longevity.
My new Husqvarna saws come from a mom and pop local dealer. For a lighter saw I have my 266/268 saws.

If anyone buys a husky from a big box store and has problems with it do they take it back to the big box store for repairs or to the local dealer?

Do you think the biggest chainsaw buyers are mainly homeowners who cut around their house or occasionally cut firewood.? Besides loggers and tree arborists?

I might collect and try other brands to see how the other half lives but I run husky saws only.

In my small town there used to be one Stihl dealer and one Husqvarna dealer, I believe Husqvarna was selling the most chainsaws.
But a little over a year ago the Husqvarna dealer also started selling Stihl products and I suspect Stihl is now outselling Husqvarna in my small town. There is also a Ace Hardware store in town selling Stihl.
I happen to own both Husqvarna and Stihl products.

Both have good and less preferable products, as the buyer we get all the benefits of a choice I'd say.

Really bummed that they couldn't keep the weight down on the 550 mark II to actually compete with the 261cm. If they had I'd own one but its so close to my 562xp why bother.
:

the mark II 550 runs superb ....it will definitely ( compete ) with the 261cm it is a little heavier ..but it's like a rabid little beaver....don't think husqvarna had any intension of keep weight down, only building an excellent saw... and it is ....;)[/QUOTE]

That mk11 is really that noticeable Mr. Black? … I sold a 550xp long ago, missed that thing.

:

the mark II 550 runs superb ....it will definitely ( compete ) with the 261cm it is a little heavier ..but it's like a rabid little beaver....don't think husqvarna had any intension of keep weight down, only building an excellent saw... and it is ....;)

That mk11 is really that noticeable Mr. Black? … I sold a 550xp long ago, missed that thing.[/QUOTE]

I love the one i have, also really like the 572xp

I think selling husky saws in the big box stores has hurt the dealer sales somewhat. But again we don’t get the personal service at the big box store if there’s a problem like we do at the mom and pop dealers.

I think selling husky saws in the big box stores has hurt the dealer sales somewhat. But again we don’t get the personal service at the big box store if there’s a problem like we do at the mom and pop dealers.
Without a doubt it has. Especially with big box stores offer store credit, sales, coupons, etc.

They cut there own dealers throats sales wise. There has been a lot of dealers going under lately, I don’t know if it’s the slower business because of the big box stores or old age with no one to take over the business.

I’m not sure of the profit margin but the dealers need to eat too. They need to buy in volume to get a price break.

+1. I'm in Eastern NC now and cannot find anywhere that carries any XP saws. I can get parts, but no saws. Every logger, arborist, landscaper, and tree service I've seen runs Stihl with a rare Echo here and there. That goes for all pro level equipment. The only place I've seen husky equipment is at box stores, but I don't think it sells very good.

Where in the east? I know of two dealers in the North East that stopped carrying Husky saws completely. Including any other Husky equipment. That's up in skidder country too... Where everyone knows or is related to a logger.
Ten years ago, everyone ran Husqvarna. Now it's all Stihl. Same story in NortWestern West Virginia as well as in Florida.

I live in Va, western part of state.....no problem finding Husqvarna saws.

Good to hear. … "Downstate MI, Husqvarna dealers in my area, at least "one" maybe. almost 2 decades ago. … Stihl dealers on the other hand From Lawn & Garden Outfits in the Suburbs were barely versed at selling Vacuums! … but that's the area, demand, more arborist focus.

Moved here to a logging community, fortunate on both ends, however … I just found it strange in sales. "It was a bad season again, due to rainfall" where saw were not selling. However, Stihl's 462's are flying while Husqvarna sold 3 572's Since September. They marked it down, claiming to break even? … Now 2 seasons ago, they ordered 100 372 x-torques for the loggers congress. They were $550.00 w/o a bar & a $50 mail in rebate. That's unheard of! … I missed it, kicked myself and eventually went to the dealer a few days after the congress. They had pallets left and still made good on the price! … Last I needed was another saw, However I bought it! "They give you a Husqvarna Credit Card with $50 on it"

I spec'd it out a bit. Loved it, for maybe the 1/2 tank that's been run through it! It's shelved. … The 394 was Purchased through a Member here, refurbished. He did an excellent job going above & beyond as, it was mint aesthetically to start.

Imo, though I've never ran either 462/572: … The feel of the 572 alone "in tradition with Husqvarna" is in the pocket.

Good feedback on both, without splitting hairs. Personal preference, it's cool either way! Enjoy & Stay Safe. I Love the 461?, its the most used right now next to that 394xp?20180605_131214.jpg

Oddly enough, as I've ordered full wrap which with both Manufactures and it's uncommon in MI? … The dealers would display it "Sold" until I could pick it up. It drew attn to the locals … The Owner at Stihl mentioned how the forestry service took notice & started ordering "R"s respectively?

I have 2 Stihl dealers within 10 miles of me and 1 Echo dealer, all three have been good to work with. Still trying to find a Husqvarna dealer that sells pro saws. I can find Husqvarna home owner saws all over place, but my last two pro saws I had to buy online.

If anyone buys a husky from a big box store and has problems with it do they take it back to the big box store for repairs or to the local dealer?

I thin that this was a BIG part of the problem. The Pro dealers didn't want to be stuck loosing money on homeowner "warranty" work. The dealers decided it was too much trouble and just dropped selling Husky.

In my area of central NC Husky is an endangered species unless you want homeowner stuff from a big box. There is probably 20:1 Stihl:Husky pro dealers.

I live on an island, there is only one dealer here and they sells Husqvarna. A no nonsense shop (it's a rebuilt farm to a mechanical service center with a small store besides the truck service buildings).
They have a few saws in stock like 550XP and 445, that's basically what is relevant around here I guess. I asked about something else and they said "any saw from the Husqvarna catalogue within 4 days, stock prices.
That's something to relate to at least.

They’re both great tools. For me it’s all about the dealer. The best dealer within 100 miles of me sells Husky so that’s what I run. As a rule, he can build a new 372/390/395 out of his parts bins. If I need a part at 4pm and he doesn’t have it, he’ll strip what I need off a boxed saw. If he sold Stihl I’d run one of them.

Latest posts

Back