homeowner chainsaw decisions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to get the 260 running but having problems. I'm going to start a new thread on this forum to see if anyone can help figure out what I'm doing wrong. I need to take pics but hope to start that discussion soon!

You’ll get lots of good help here. I’ve benefited slits from being on here. Once you really catch CAD the true solution to these saws will just be to buy them all :) after reading all this I’m thinking I need to rebuild my ms250 and buy a cs400 lol

I'd take a PP260 over an MS250 any day. And have! Understand that all these saws use cheap Chinese carbs of similar design from either ZAMA or Walbro, and all will have the same problems eventually if not maintained or tuned properly. If the PP260 engine didn't get damaged you may as well fix it. You can probably get a new carb and fuel lines on eBay cheap.

+1 on the Echo. In my opinion it’s not only the best value of the three but also the best saw. I don’t know if it’s the fastest or slowest saw of the three but it’s got plenty of pep and great reliability. Echo also offers parts well past their legal requirements and they don’t hide their parts diagrams from their customers like Stihl does.

I know very little about the Husky homeowner saws. Husky builds the Poulan Pro and Jonsered saws. I’ve had some of them come into my shop with very few hours on them and needing work. Let’s just say I’m not impressed with them.

The Echo will run great without mods but just like most other saws you can gain a bit more power with a tune and muffler mod but it will also make it louder. Whatever saw you buy just run it stock for a while. You can always tweak it later if you decide that saving a few seconds per cut is important to you.
I have 3 Sthil and 3 Echo small, mid size bigger. I never use the Sthil 024/026. I very seldom use the 029. EVERYTIME I reach for a saw it's going to be an Echo FIRST. The cs490 is a good 50.2cc saw. Will cut any tree you can cut with a 20 inch bar. Has more power than a cs400. My most used saw. My favorite small saw, cs352. I am not familiar with the 3510 but my friend loves that saw. It's NOT my choice for dropping a 20 inch oak. The cs 590 is but if you want a mid size the 490 or the upgraded 4910 might put a smile on your face. I don't believe you can go wrong with Echo. Just my opinion based a a lot of years pulling start ropes, cutting in lots of different situations. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back